Adobe Illustrator Files

I uploaded an Adobe Illustrator file (twice). Unable to download via a URL link. The browser would display an image of the SmartFTP site and then download a PDF of the AI file! Very wierd. I was successful when I created a zip folder with the AI file. Any thoughts?

Try to upload a text file and then access it through your website. If this is successful you can be sure that your file has been transferred to the website.

I uploaded an Adobe Illustrator file (twice). Unable to download via a URL link. The browser would display an image of the SmartFTP site and then download a PDF of the AI file! Very wierd. I was successful when I created a zip folder with the AI file. Any thoughts?

I actually uploaded a jpeg file to the folder and was able to download successfully. The issue is not in the upload. The issue is with the download of the AI file.

Create a HTML file which links to this AI file you want to download. Upload the HTML to your server. Then access the HTML file through your browser and right-click on the link in the browser and select Save As... from the context menu.

Create a HTML file which links to this AI file you want to download. Upload the HTML to your server. Then access the HTML file through your browser and right-click on the link in the browser and select Save As... from the context menu.
Thanks. I bit too complicated for me. I will stick with the zip file methodology.