issue transferring license

So I purchased smartFTP awhile ago (May?) and just last month, I had to replace my harddrive.
transferring the license over seemed easy enough... I went to smartFTP and did that whole process of sending my license key.
It arrived as an ".exe" file which wouldn't do anything for me.. it just said that the license key was installed and then when I run the application, it still asks me to buy the application.

so what am I doing wrong? I do that function where I 'enter the license key' .. but it won't accept the ".exe" file.. nor the ".xml" file that is created.

I tried running the application while in the smartFTP program file...

so ... WTF?

any help would be appreciated.

You can resend your license key at:
https://www.smartftp.com/purchase/lost.php

The license key sent to you contains two links:
1. Link to the automatic setup (the .exe you are referring to)
2. Link to the license key file (it's an xml/txt file you can import with the "Enter License Key" function)

Instal the latest version from here:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Then import the license key with the "Enter License Key" function. You will get an error message if this was not successful.

sorry, no luck with that one. I get a 'failed to validate key' when entering the XML file.
Want me to send them to you to see if I'm doing something wrong?

The MSXML component on your system is broken. I sent you another license key. Please try it.

Regards,
Mat

The MSXML component on your system is broken. I sent you another license key. Please try it.

Regards,
Mat

if I set up a GOTO meeting with you and allow you 'mouse' control. can you try it?
I tried it with the .exe file and the .xml
still nothing. you can go here to get the zipped images of my errors.

removed

Did you try the new license key I sent you a few minutes ago? Because this is a text file and not an xml file.

Did you try the new license key I sent you a few minutes ago? Because this is a text file and not an xml file.

I did.. and it fails. it downloads as a TXT file though

The problem will be fixed in the next version.

done..
hopefully those are the right files.
thanks for all the help.

thanks.
I'll check back in a few days for the new build.