Doesnt show thumnails

In my local browser, in a folder with some jpgs (type of view "thumnails") I can only see the thumnail of the first and the last file. The rest show the jpg icon.
It is happening since I bought the license

Hello ..

Install the latest version from here:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Then go to favorite properties. In the Transfer dialog increase the maximum file size from 100KB to 1000KB.

Regards,
Mat

Hi.
That didnt fix anything. The jpgs in my documents folder still show an icon, not a thumbnail. Before, I always can see all the jpgs in the folder by thumbnails

Post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information"

Regards,
Mat

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 2500 MHz
Total Memory : 2047 MB
Free Memory : 2047 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1024.8
Time Stamp : 2008-10-20 04:03:39
Platform : x86
Id : 400086094
Days in use : 56

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.14.16
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.20.8
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.15
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.17.8
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.15.8
SmartFTPPS.dll : 3.0.1024.8

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1024.8

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 6.0.2900.5512

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

What is the size of your jpg files?

It depends. From 1 mb to 4,5 mb or so...
In a folder of 13 jpgs only 5 are show (some thumbnails are from big jpgs of 4 mb and other from 1 mb image)
It seem to be random

Yes, every server I try. But what really worries me is my local browser, where I can use the thumbnail views to choose what images to upload.

When I click in my local browser right button of the mouse and hit refresh, other 1 or 2 thumbnails can be seen. If I do it again, other 2 images appear... but it is not the way to work...

The Local Browser uses the ShellView which is a Windows control. It means we do not have much influence. Do you have the same problem with Windows Explorer?

Regards,
Mat

No, I dont.
And I havent this problem before with smart ftp. It was working ok. After some days without using (and without any change in windows or any other program installation) I bought the license, I ran the .exe file and since that moment I cant see all the thumbnails in the folder.

I'm sorry but I'm unable to reproduce the problem on our Windows XP test systems. Maybe the problem is caused by another product you have installed. You can install SmartFTP on a new installation of Windows XP with the latest SP and hotfixes to verify the problem.

Regards,
Mat

I havent install any new product.
Now I have installed Smartftp in other machine and I have the same problem.
Both computers are updated and run xp with the latest SPs
It cant be my fault

I was finally able to reproduce it on one of the Windows XP systems we have. We will see if we can find a solution for it.

Regards,
Mat

Ok. Waiting

The thumbnails in the Remote Browser work fine since we use our own code. For the Local Browser we use the ShellView implementation which is apparently broken on Windows XP.

Yep - sorry Mat; went away for a coffee in the meanwhile - all present and correct! my apologese jeffjohn!!

No problem. Thank you for testing ;-)

very kind of you to say so; you come over as a really great guy, Mat - très pro et sympa! amicalement jeffjohn

Sorry I didnt answer about the nasa images:

I cant se the thumbnails of the following images:
hst_antennae_9734a1.jpg
hst_betelgeuse.jpg
hst_crab_nebula.jpg
hst_deep_detail.jpg
hst_deep_field.jpg
hst_faint_blue.jpg
hst_globclust_m15.jpg
hst_helix_nebula.jpg
hst_hourglass_nebula.jpg
hst_neutron_star_9732.jpg
hst_orion_nebula.jpg
hst_pillars_m16.jpg
hst_pillars_m16_close.jpg
hst_white_dwarf.jpg

Small update: We are close to a solution.

Regards,
Mat

Fixed.
Thank you very much