Binary/ASCII problems

Hi everyone,

I use smartFTP daily and have the following problems since the beginning:

When downloading a text file, ASCII, it will be stripped of the hard return, resulting in one blocks of compressed text. Whe I set the download to ASCII, the file is downloaded fine. Then I have to set the upload back to AUTO to upload the file again. This is the only way to keep textfiles in shape. When this has been done once, then AUTO can remain on.

Needless to say this is annoying. How can this be corrected?

Thanks for your help,
Tom

Are you transferring the file with FTP?

Install the latest version of SmartFTP from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Please post the log from the transfer queue. To get it double click the file in the transfer queue before it gets transferred. The log window open. Then copy&paste the log.

Generally it is recommended to transfer all the files with Auto which results in Binary mode and then use a text editor which understands Unix line endings.

Regards,
Mat

I also have problems this days in uploading pics, I use auto mode to upload, and the pics in some cases in the net are not showed fine, and seems to be uploaded as ASCI mode.

What is the solution?

thank you

Install the latest version and try again:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

But I do not think your problem is related to the transfer mode.

Then try another FTP client and see if it solves your problem.

I attach image with example, if some can tell me a solution.

I use about 3 workers uploading files, sometimes, the image uploaded is perfect, but other times I have the problem of image truncated.
I can't verify image per image if the transfer is fine, I have to spend a lot of time to do it.
I use auto mode ever.

Thank you.

SmartFTP does not temper the data being uploaded. The problem might be caused by another software you have installed on your computer. E.g. try to uninstall your software firewall or antivirus product.

SmartFTP does not temper the data being uploaded. The problem might be caused by another software you have installed on your computer. E.g. try to uninstall your software firewall or antivirus product.

A note for developers: now using only 1 worker seems that pics are uploaded fine, but using varios workers and uploading various files in a time seems that originates this problem.

It's a problem with your server or computer.