Queue stops when a file is waiting for a retrial

Just had this happened with a single site. Queue had about 200 files and it seemed to fail every 5th file or so and the whole queue stopped until the retry was completed and successful.

I have the latest build (just downloaded it) and this was the first time I saw this happening. It doesn't happen with all sites (just checked that as well.

Any way I can avoid this happening again?

SmartFTP will stop connecting to the server to avoid a possible ban if it connects too many times in a short time.

You can decreae the retry time from 30 seconds to 5 seconds for example. To do this go to the menu: Favorites -> Edit Favorites. Locate your favorite. Right-click on it, select Properties from the context menu. Go to the Connection dialog. Set the retry time to 5 seconds.

Changing the default settings especially the retry time is not recommended.

Regards,
Mat

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a reason for a different behavior between different servers? With a server where I usually upload thousands of files in a single session, a retry does not stop all other workers from continuing (which is great, by the way). Why does it stop when uploading to this specific server?

Regards

Rui

The behavior depends on the specific error. If SmartFTP believes that it is a connection problem it will not connect to the server anymore for a certain time. If it believes the problem is related to one particular file only it will continue to process the other files from the server.

Regards,
Mat

Ok.

Thanks again.

Regards

Rui

You can post the log from the transfer queue item which stopped the other items from being processed. Maybe our detection can be optimized.

Regards,
Mat

Sorry, it's not possible. I was helping someone fixing a problem and I no longer have FTP access to their server (changed passwords). If the issue comes up again, I will surely do it.

Thank you for your prompt support.

Regards

Rui