Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.17184
Memory (RAM): 2047 MB
CPU Info: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.66GHz
CPU Speed: 2657.7 MHz
Sound card: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [DF00]
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD
Screen Resolution: 1680 X 1050 - 32 bit
Network Adapters: Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster - Packet Scheduler Miniport | Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection - Packet
Hard Disks: C: 114.5GB | D: 93.4GB | E: 183.6GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 35.4GB | D: 32.0GB | E: 123.1GB
Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
Product Make: Dimension 4600i
Motherboard: Dell Computer Corp. 0N2828

Conflict
Smart FTP 3.0 Pro
AptEdit Pro 4.6
Trellion Webpage

Background info: When I used SmartFTP in the 30 trial I had ZERO issues. I could use it with any and every other program I had at the same time. After my 30 day trial ran out I was addicted. I found a SmartFTP 2.0 that was still considered freeware and installed if over my 3.0 trial. The issues started between my editing programs and the older SmartFTP. After getting the money I paid for SmartFTP 3.0 Pro a week back.

Issue: When Using Smart FTP 3 Pro I cannot use SmartFTP with a editing program that editing any files that SmartFTP is viewing in the local explorer. I can edit the files fine, but SmartFTP locks up until I close one of the conflict programs and have nothing but SmartFTP up. It takes a few seconds after i close the program and SmartFTP goes from a blank screen or a froze SmartFTP screen. I have uninstalled both versions completely. I have ran Ccleaner after the uninstallation to clear any left over junk from SmartFTP. After reinstall I get the same issues, my saved connections were still there, and the saved skin was still active.

Question What Can I do to clear SmartFTP from my computer for good?

or

Question What is the problem

Hello ..

1. Uninstall all versions of SmartFTP you have installed
2. Delete the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SmartFTP
3. Install the latest version from https://www.smartftp.com/download
4. When you open the Local Browser in SmartFTP close the Preview pane
5. Now try to edit your files

Regards,
SmartFTP

Thanks this worked!