files randomly do not transfer

Since I updated to 3.0.1021.6 I've experienced a problem with transferring files. Sometimes they go into the queue, fail to upload or download and then I get the "will retry at HH:MM:SS." I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty sure this didn't happen with the previous version of 3.0.

The reason your files are not transferred can usually be found in the log. To get the log double click the file in the transfer queue.

OK, took it a while for it to happen again, but it did. Here's the log:

[21:36:36] PASV
[21:36:36] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
[21:36:36] Server closed connection
[21:36:36] Transfer failed.

Hello ..

From the log I can see that the server closed the connection. This is not related to SmartFTP and happens from time to time. But SmartFTP automatically retries the file until it is successful.

Regards,
Mat

I have the same problem since I installed the paid version of SmartFTP.

Randomly my files in the Transfer Queue will not upload and are placed in Retry because there is no possibility to connect to the server. Reconnecting to the server and update of the server works fine, but even efter doing that the file in the Transfer Queue won´t upload.

I think this is very irritating because if I just want to upload one file to see how it behaves on he server I sometimes have to wait severel minutes till the file finaly uploads.

Why can´t the transfer queue connect to the server and updating while reconnecting works fine in the rest of the program?

Hope for a satisfiable answer/solution.

Best regards, Bart

Bart: Post the log from the transfer queue. Double click the file to get the log.

Hello ..

You can see from the log that you have opened to many concurrent connections to the server:
421 I can't accept more than 4 connections as the same user

To fix the problem menu:

1. Menu: Windows->Close All
2. Wait 5 minutes
3. Set the number of workers in the transfer queue window (bottom) to a 2 or lower.
4. Do not open any unnecessary connections to the server (e.g. do not open more than 1 remote browser per server)

Regards,
Mat

Bart: Post the log from the transfer queue. Double click the file to get the log.

Hi MB,

I guess I should have post this message much earlier, because efter I posted I hadn´t have any problems any longer.

The first times I got logs where it said that it simply wasn´t posible to connect, but the last time it said that there was another worker on the same IP. It worked out that I accidently opened another connection with the same FTP-server. Efter I closed this one the problem seems to be solved

Let´s hope for the best!

Thanks for your fast reply!

All the best,
Bart

You can see from the log that you have opened to many concurrent connections to the server

This has never been a problem with the previous versions of SmartFTP. So why shoudl it be now, suddenly?

Because you increased the number of workers to a too high value?

Or because you have too many windows to the server open?

Because you increased the number of workers to a too high value?

Or because you have too many windows to the server open?

Ok, so I have decreased the number of workers to 1 now, in stead of the default setting of 4. Transfering doesn't randomly pause anymore now, but I'm wondering what the point is of having more workers if that decreases performance.

Pierre

It may decrease the performance if you have a server which has a connection limit. Most web hosting providers have a much higher connection limit or none at all.

Regards,
Mat