Could someone please tell me how to disable the the operation has been added to the transfer queue function?

Hi,

I've recently acquired a license key in regards to the necessary upgrade, SmartFTP has been fantastic for me so i felt it was worth it to upgrade.

But now...i'm being confronted with this "the operation has been added to the transfer queue" obstacle and it's tiresome.

Is there a solution available to remove this totally unnecessary function completely?

Thanks!

Hello ..

All transfers are handled in the transfer queue. Whenever an operation is handled in the transfer queue a message is displayed in the log.

What do you consider an unnecessary function?

Regards,
Mat

Well because i haven't had this problem with the previous version, when i dragged a file over it just transferred right away.

Now i have to click the start transfer queue option each and every time i transfer a file, it's an unnecessary action.

I don't want this to turn into a irrelevant discussion though, i just want this function disabled, i want how it was before where i could just drag and drop a file and the transfer executed right away.

Or is this functionality not an option anymore with the new upgrade?

Thanks!

I think you have changed some transfer queue settings by mistake. By default if the transfer queue is started once it is always started unless you manually stop it. Please verify your transfer queue settings. To go the menu: Tools->Settings. Then in the Queue dialog set the On Application Start option to "Remember State".

The transfers are processed immediately if the transfer queue is started. It may takes 1-2 seconds for the first item you transfer in the session but all subsequent items are transferred without the 1-2 second delay.

Regards,
Mat

I fully understand your problem. But you only have to click on the Start button once with the default settings.

Please verify the "On Queue Complete" option in the menu: Tools->Settings "Queue" dialog. I think you have it set to "Stop Queue". If this is the case change it to "Idle" from "Stop".

Regards,
Mat

I fully understand your problem. But you only have to click on the Start button once with the default settings.

Please verify the "On Queue Complete" option in the menu: Tools->Settings "Queue" dialog. I think you have it set to "Stop Queue". If this is the case change it to "Idle" from "Stop".

Regards,
Mat

That is just the thing i never had to use a start button to transfer files.

With each drag and drop i have to select start each and every time.

My problem is not related to a drag and drop of a group of files at once, it's when you select individual files.
You're thinking that is my problem Matt.

With the previous version this wasn't necessarily at all, i don't like the transfer queue option, it's unnecessary for me.

Question: Are you telling me that it isn't possible to disable the transfer queue option so the program functions as the previous version?

Yes or No?

Did you verify that the On Queue Complete setting is set to Idle?

Regards,
Mat

Yep, it's in "Idle" mode and it still requires me to select the start transfer option?

Correction Matt, it now works. It didn't work on the first try, i did it again and it transfers right away now.

Thanks!

Hello ..
If you have the correct settings you only have to start the transfer queue once ever. Is the transfer queue in the stopped state after it processed some items/transfers?

REgards,
Mat