Thumbail View from Remote Server Bug

Whenever i try to view thumnails from a remote server it only loads two images and stops, if i Right Click and Refresh it will load 2 more.............. Why is this Happening?

Hello ..

Can you please post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information"

Thank you
SmartFTP

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 2500 MHz
Total Memory : 2047 MB
Free Memory : 2047 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1021.7
Time Stamp : 2008-07-30 04:23:37
Platform : x86
Id : ******714
Days in use : 137

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.13.40
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.17.7
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.13
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.14.7
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.12.7
SmartFTPPS.dll : 3.0.1021.7

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1021.7

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.5730.13

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Thank you. It's a known problem on Windows XP and so far we haven't found a solution. The IShellView from Windows XP only calls the Extract() method to generate the thumbnails for 2-3 items in the view.

We are currently looking at another solution.

Regards,
Mat

i remember when i was using WS_FTP Pro it used to automatically upload a single dll file to the server whenever trying to view folders in thumnail view. might be something to consider.

We are on it. Will be released today or tomorrow.

OK it seems to be working now. Thank you for the fast responce. it's alittle Clonky i noticed when hitting refreshe it might not always reload properly but at least it works now and it's something that can improve later down the line.

Thank you for fixing this.

Perhaps you guys will give Problemchild an extra year of maintenance for free ?
..that would be a good thing to do since you guys were a bit clueless until he said something.

either way, cheers

>.eb
This has been a known problem on certain Windows XP installations since we introduced the thumbnail feature. See my 2nd reply in this thread.

Our changes incorporate a workaround to fix a broken behavior in Windows XP.

I would like to note that we appreciate that users are reporting problems.

Regards,
Mat

>ProblemChild
Can you please try the latest version? It includes additional caching improvements for the thumbnails.
https://www.smartftp.com/downlolad

Thank you
Mat

It works flawlessly now, Thank you. One thing to consider is not to actually reload all the images but use the ones already cached unless they were updated. I sometime work with folders that have over a 1000 images, if i needed to refresh and wait for a 1000 images to reload in thumbnails that would slow down my work flow. I'm sure it's something you can correct but all in all once uploading an image it already shows it in the folder so there is no real purpose of refreshing unless uploading from another source/FTP client.

The thumbnails are stored in the cache files. By default the cache setting is set to "Purge cache when SmartFTP is closed". In your case I recommend you to change the cache settings to "Cache after x days". You can do that in the menu: Tools->Settings. Then go to the Cache dialog.

Regards,
Mat