files jump when modified

Hi there

Recently purchased after a couple of years of free use. Great product!

The only issue I have is when I edit a web page or file the go to the already opened smartftp, I look in the local browser window where the files are sorted by name.

Only the file I just modified has shifted ot the bottom of the list of files.

The list is definitely sorted by name, not date last modified, so why does this happen??

The REAL issue is that sometimes it happens, but most of the time it doesnt. If it happened all the time, then fine, I would know where to look, but it happens now and then and I waste time looking for the file.

Seems like a random error??!!?!???!

I cant recall having this issue in past versions, but I cant be positive of that.

Does anyone have this issue? is there a fix?

Kind regards

Paul

Hello Paul ..

This problem only occurs on Windows XP. It's the same in Windows Explorer. On Windows Vista the list control is automatically sorted. On Windows XP this is not possible.

Regards,
Mat

Hi Mat

Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

Only thing is I'm on Vista Business.

Paul

We will see if we can reproduce it. If it goes to the bottom is the date/time updated?

If you open an instance of Windows Explorer in parallel does it happen there as well?

Regards,
Mat

Hi Mat

I'll try it out and get back to you.

Like I said, it isnt consistent so its hard to reproduce.

Cheers

Paul

Hi support

It has just done it again.

The file is still listed alphabetically in explorer, but it has shifted to the bottom of the list in smartFtp.

I'll leave it all alone for a minute in case you want me to do anything to help debug the issue.

I had not uploaded any files for about 10 - 15 minutes and the connection had automatically closed. Come to think of it, I think this is when it does it all the time. whenever I havnt uploaded anything for about that amount of time, then maximise smartFtp.

Kind regards

Paul