Unable to connect / favorites are missing / tabs are blank

I've been using the free versions of SmartFTP for years and just recently I upgraded to the latest professional version. After a reboot I tried connecting but realized that my favorites no longer existed. When I manually added my connection information and attempted to connect it opened a new tab but does nothing else. In addition the tab that is opened is blank. I then uninstalled the program rebooted and installed the latest version again but I'm having the same issue.

Hello ..

Can you please post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information"

Do you see your favorites in the menu: Favorites->Quick Connect?

Regards,
Mat

Yes my favorites are there under Quick Connect however selecting one simply adds another empty tab and does not log into the ftp site.

Here is my system info:

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition
Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)

CPU Speed : 3003 MHz
Total Memory : 2047 MB
Free Memory : 1129 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 3.0.1020.2
Time Stamp : 2008-07-12 20:58:21
Platform : x86
Id : REMOVED
Days in use : 362

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.13.34
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.16.2
sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.13
sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.13.2
sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.11.2

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 3.0.1020.2

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.6001.18000

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

What happens if you create a new connection through the menu: File->New Remote Browser?

What software firewall / antivirus product are you running?

Regards,
Mat

File->New Remote Browser results in the same outcome. I'm running Windows Live OneCare and SmartFTP is open and allowed.

The user reported that some shell extensions were disabled. He used the ShellExView tool to enable the extension(s) again.

The next SmartFTP build will check whether the shell extensions have been disabled and prompts the user to enable them.

Regards,
Mat

The user reported that some shell extensions were disabled. He used to ShellExView tool to enable the extension(s) again.

The next SmartFTP build will check whether the shell extensions have been disabled and prompts the user to enable them.

Regards,
Mat

This wasn't an easy one but Mat was a great help in helping me figure this out. Thanks for your help Mat!