Installation Script / Packaging Question

I developed several scripts to automate the population of the FTP Favorites from a live user access controlled xml feed. using the SDK, I would like to bundle the sdk into the same installer as smartftp. Is there a way I can do this? I want to be able to send it to the other contractors that work with me, I however do not want to include the license file, they will buy as needed or already have there own licenses.

As always mb thanks for your sure to be quick reply.

Justin

Hello ..

The SmartFTP setup (SFTPNSI.exe) is created with InnoSetup. You can use our InnoSetup script (.iss) and add your additional files. I have uploaded the script with some files you need to: https://www.smartftp.com/upload/SmartFTPInno.rar
You need to change some paths and variables in the script and copy the files from SmartFTP to a folder. Also you need to install the Innosetup compiler. To read more about InnoSetup go to: http://www.innosetup.com/isinfo.php

I hope this helps.
Regards
Mat

Yea that helps a lot, thanks again for your help

Justin

I downloaded the new SDK, and noticed my favorites script is in there! very cool... I will soon have a full featured 'plugin' for centralized management of ftp favorites for plesk, as well as a standalone web application...

If you are interested you can include it in your sdk as well.... I'll let you know when its done.

Justin

Yes we would be very interested to include your application if we get your permissions ;-)

Did the setup packing work out or do you need more assistance?

Regards,
Mat

I just installed Inno ... I have been using NSIS for a while, So i need to get upto speed on inno...

Do you have the script for the sdk installer as well... or does it install / register anything other than inside the smartftp program folder?

And, yes as soon as the app is done, I'll shoot it over to you... If you like it you can do whatever you'd like with it.

Thanks,

Justin

Hello ..

The latest version of SmartFTP requires all COM server to be registered. It means no additional COM servers need to be registered for the SDK.

Regards,
Mat

Ok thanks.

Justin