Smart FTP has stopped working

I have been using SmartFTP for quite sometime and I have never had any problems. Suddenly, I cannot download or upload files. It connects with my servers, but when I drag a file to download or upload, nothing happens. I have tried changing from active to passive modes. Nothing seems to work. I am running the latest version of SmartFTP and Windows Vista. Any ideas?

Are the items added to the transfer queue (bottom window)?

There is a known problem with Windows Vista. It has been discussed in this post:
https://www.smartftp.com/forums/index.ph ... entry47723

If you are affected by this problem try to follow the solution from Microsoft as described in the posting above.

Regards,
Mat

The items are not added to the transfer queue. I have been using SmartFTP for almost a year with Vista with no problems. This is a recent thing. Could a Vista update have caused this problem?

It looks like the same bug thousand of other Vista users are affected. The bug with Vista causes various other problems not just with SmartFTP. The solution from Microsoft is in the following thread:
https://www.smartftp.com/forums/index.ph ... entry47723

Regards,
Mat

I am having this exact same problem. However, I am runing XP. Like others i have been using SmartFTP for years with out a problem. I will try the fix in the link above, however not sure it will help given I am using XP.

The problem described here only affects Vista installations.

I realize that is there a fix for XP? I just tried this fix. Only because its the most relevant and still things aren't working! i need to get this fixed ASAP. My clients aren't happy.

this is crazy! I just paid like $50 and the only form of support I can find here is a collection of articles and this forum! How am I supposed to call you?

You can contact us by email or through the forum. When requesting support you have to provide a detailed description of your problem including screenshots, logs and a movie showing the problem.

Regards,
Mat