SmartFTP Doubling Number of Items Reported in Large Folders

I recently upgraded to 3.0.1016.7 and now I notice that in remote folders with large numbers of files the item count on the SmartFTP status bar is doubled. For example, I go into a folder with 998 files. The command window shows 998 items found, the status bar even displays "998 items" for a brief flicker but then the number changes to "1996." I access another folder with 737 files in it and the same thing happens, displaying "1474 items" on the status bar (after briefly showing the correct number for a split second). When I access smaller folders (for example, my root folder, with only 12 items), SmartFTP correctly shows 12 items. But large folders with many files seems to have made SmartFTP forget some of its math. It seems to be doubling everything. BTW, there are actually only 998 files and 737 files in the two folders mentioned above - verified with two other FTP programs and also direct server access - with no hidden files.

I've also noticed that when downloading the contents of these same folders, the transfer queue sometimes shows "unknown" for file size on each item and sometimes gives the file size.

Both of these behaviors are new with the latest version.

Can you please try the latest version from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

If the problem persists please post the system information from the menu: Help->About "System Information"

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

Hi Mat...

Thanks for the response. I have upgraded again to 3.0.1016.10 (although I did not use the one you linked in your post above as I'm using the 64-bit version). Unfortunately, the same behavior persists in this newest version. Here's the system info you requested:

+- System -----------------------------

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition 

Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)

CPU Speed		   : 2400 MHz

Total Memory		: 4094 MB

Free Memory		 : 1938 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------

Version			 : 3.0.1016.10

Time Stamp		  : 2008-05-22 20:40:49

Platform			: x64

Id				  : 400032118

Days in use		 : 359

+- Application DLL --------------------

sfFTPLib.dll		: 1.5.13.28

sfFavorites.dll	 : 1.0.12.10

sfFavoritesShellExtension.dll : 1.0.1.13

sfTransferQueue.dll : 1.0.9.10

sfFTPShellExtension.dll : 1.0.7.10

+- Language ---------------------------

SmartFTP.exe		: 3.0.1016.10

+- Internet Explorer ------------------

Version			 : 7.0.6001.18000

+- Winsock ----------------------------

Winsock			 : 2.2

Thank you. Bug confirmed.

Hello ..

Do you have a reproducible case for the file size problem? That would really help us fixing the problem.

Regards,
Mat

Do you have a reproducible case for the file size problem? That would really help us fixing the problem.

Hi, not sure what you mean exactly but I'd say most every time lately when I download anything from my webhost's server I see "unknown" for each item in the size column. I just tried again before replying here, downloading about a dozen different folders, each with varying numbers of files in them (from a mere 4 files to a couple hundred) and all of them were listed in the Transfer Queue with a size of "Unknown." The size displays fine in the remote pane and even displays in the transfer queue's status column as each file is being dealt with but the size column in the transfer queue shows only "unknown."

I'll be glad to help out with further info...just let me know what you need.

The problem is that we are not able to reproduce it. So I would basically need step by instructions on how to reproduce the problem. For example once you have a way to reproduce it try the same steps on another computer with SmartFTP if available.

Regards,
Mat

Thank you. Bug found and fixed. The new build will include the bug fix (1-2 days).

Thank you for taking your time to report this bug.

Regards,
Mat