Upgrade to Pro Expensive?

Hi,

a while ago I saw that you now offer two editions of Smart FTP. As I am very happy with the program I thought about upgrading, clicked on the button and saw a Upgrade will cost me $34.95. I checked the website and saw that compared to this the price difference between the Home and Pro Version is only 13$. As I remember the last time I renewed my Support it was about 10$ a year so the 8 months additional support is maybe worth 6$. So why is the upgrade price so high?

thanks
Frank

We appreciate your opinion.
The upgrade price of 24 USD (including 1 year of free upgrades and technical support) is reasonable priced. Other products are at least 30%-50% more expensive. SmartFTP looks like a bargain to me.

This upgrade contains the upgrade of your license + the upgrade of the maintenance for 3 years. The maintenance cost for the Pro version is more expense than the Home version hence the price difference.

Regards,
Mat

Ups, now as you are saying that. You are right! 2 years maintanance extension for the Home version $17 for the Pro Version $20
$1.50 per year difference! With my two years of remaining support that makes $3 dollars.
That really explains the difference between 35$ upgrade cost and 13$.

I guess we can stop the discussion here as I'm getting a little bit sarcastic and we are going into beancounting.
I wanted to point out what a customer of Smart FTP sees if he wants to upgrade: What he sees is the difference of $34.95 (he should pay) and $13 ( difference between Pro and Home: 49.95 /36.95).
That this is a difference of only $22(13$+ 6(8 months support) and $3 more expensive Pro Maintance) to $35 nobody sees on the first sight. A difference is still adn this pricing was and is at least for me confusing without explanations.
Even you told me first the upgrade is $24 including 1 year support.

I wanted you to give you a hint that a customer feels a little bit estranged about the upgrade cost and that this leeds to confusion. And confused customers don't buy or upgrade.

After your last messages I think that you won't overthink your position on this, and its your product, your pricing. If I need the SFTP one day or scripting I will buy the Pro Version besides the upgrade cost because Smart FTP is a cool product.
I won't buy it now as I wanted to, because the intention was that I was a happy Smart FTP User for a while and thought, cool program, do a upgrade to Pro, you don't really need the features, but do them something good. I saw the price of 34.95 for the upgrade got confused, asked questions and got confusing answers. $24 dollars including support first, i thought fine, cool lets do it,where do I get it?
Then your last post with the Argument - Support more expensive, wondered got confused again...

Ok lets stop it here, thanks for making Smart FTP, and one day I hope you understand my point and that it was a friendly question of a confused user.

Frank

This upgrade contains the upgrade of your license + the upgrade of the maintenance for 3 years. The maintenance cost for the Pro version is more expense than the Home version hence the price difference.

Regards,
Mat