Cannot connect to my FTP

I couldn't see my website I recently launched from my computer even though it was working for other users. I did a system resore so now I can see my website but I am unable to log on to my FTP. Here is a copy of the log:

[17:51:30] SmartFTP v2.5.1008.40
[17:51:30] Resolving host name "ftp.emshaephotography.com"
[17:51:30] Connecting to 75.126.173.152 Port: 21
[17:51:51] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[17:51:51] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...
[17:51:51] Client closed the connection.
[17:51:51] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/58

Hello ..

Add SmartFTP to the exceptions in your software firewall (McAfee, Norton etc) settings.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

Add SmartFTP to the exceptions in your software firewall (McAfee, Norton etc) settings.

Regards,
Mat

Thanks...can you explain in more detail how I would do that? I only have Windows Live One care and I am running Vista Home Premium.

I'm not familiar with Windows Live One so I cannot really help you with that. But in every software firewall there is a setting dialog where you can add trusted applications. You need to locate it and add SmartFTP to the exceptions/trusted applications.
Usually Windows Live One should not block SmartFTP since it is based on Windows Firewall. Maybe you have another software firewal installed which blocks SmartFTP?

Regards,
Mat

I'm not familiar with Windows Live One so I cannot really help you with that. But in every software firewall there is a setting dialog where you can add trusted applications. You need to locate it and add SmartFTP to the exceptions/trusted applications.
Usually Windows Live One should not block SmartFTP since it is based on Windows Firewall. Maybe you have another software firewal installed which blocks SmartFTP?

Regards,
Mat

Windows is the only firewall I have...I even unplugged my router and plugged directly into my modem. I called my ISP and they said they couldn't help me aside from advising me about the system restore. What now?

Did you try to uninstall Windows Live One?

Regards,
Mat

Did you try to uninstall Windows Live One?

Regards,
Mat

Yes,and I disconnected my router and uninstalled Windows Live one. I unplugged everything,plugged it back in,restarted my computer and it still isn't working.

I tried a friend's MAC laptop by connecting it to my internet and I was able to use Smart ftp on there. Any more ideas? Should I change my hosting company?