Connecting with LAN

Hi ...

I am really sorry if someone else has just described it.

But I have one question. Why if I connect with LAN's computer by ftp or sftp transfers are so slowly?

Eg. file schould download/upload with eg. 2.5 MB/sec and not 100 kb/sec.

Thanks for any answer, Regards.

Hi ...

I have done everything described in the article and I have changed buffer sizes. Now transfers are max 700 kb/s.

Sorry for this comparition, but with WinSCP I can transfer files with my max LAN speed (both via ftp and sftp).

What still can I do wrong?

Regards

I have no idea. I can transfer with 10 MB/s here with the default settings.

Just Thanks for trying to help. Regards.

What did you set the buffer sizes too? Maybe you have to increase them even further. E.g. for the upload buffer try 128 kilobyte.

Regards,
Mat

For buffer sizes, receive/send/file I have set to max=262144.
Speed limits set to unlimited.

And no news here.

Sorry ...

One update to my last post. Now for FTP connections there are max of LAN's speed. But still no news for SFTP.

I will look into SFTP. It has not optimized for LAN transfers yet.

Do you reach max speeds with WinSCP for SFTP transfers?

Regards,
Mat

Hi ...

In fact ... transfer by WinSCP is between 2.5 and 3 MB/sec.

out of 10MB/s?

... now by ftp I can go with 9 - 10 MB/S, with sftp not

Hi ...

Unfortunately ... nothing new. But maby even slower it works now. What could be still wrong?

By WinSCP max speed is 3MB/s here.

Regards

Thanks for testing. I will look at it again.

Regards,
Mat

Still we have no lucky. With newest (.3) version transfer has max 400 KB/s, previous was 700KB/s and previous (with max buffer size) about 900 KB/s.

Maby still I have something wrong set? But via LAN only SmartFTP is so slowly. Buffer sizes and speed limits are set to maximum. I have been trying with smaller, but nothing new.

Regards

I have only changed the buffers for upload in the latest version. Did you test uploading?

Regards,
mat

Yes, I was talking about upload. Download is a little faster.

Ha .. I have the horrible download speeds as well now. Upload speeds are fine though with the latest version.

So ... what I schould else check in my settings (or system's settings)?

Nothing really. It's a problem we need to fix.

I have no lucky

Download now is much better, between 2 and 3 MB/s, but upload no more than 400 KB/s.

Hi ...

OK so now it looks like:

If I use provided by You small sftp server, then by WinSCP and SmartFTP I have transfers between 3 and 4 MB/s.

But my other servers are on linux and with WinSCP now i have transfers between 3 and 4 MB/s and by SmartFTP between 400 and 700 KB/s via download and about 400 KB/s via upload.

Regards

Did you run the Core Mini SFTP server on another box? Because you cannot run it on the same machine as SmartFTP is running because the situation is for some reasons totally different.

I will do some more tests with SmartFTP and OpenSSH running on another box.

Regards,
Mat

Yes Mat.

I was running those applications on other machines, becouse what sense would be testing anything here on the same box? Is any?

Regards

Well just want to be sure because I have initially tested it on the same machine and I got 30MB/s and as soon as I tested it in a virtual machine I got 300KB/s. And now it seems it even depends on the server software :-(

Regards,
Mat

I'm sorry but I have to disappoint you. I have tested upload/download speeds to a linux virtual machine running
[10:33:11] Starting SSH session. Remote Id: "SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_4.7"

and I get 10MB/s for upload and 4MB/s download. WinSCP gets 2MB/download and 5MB/s upload speeds.

Send Buffer: 32KB
Receive Buffer: 32KB
File Buffer: 32KB

So I have no idea :-| ... every sftp client has fast transfer and only SmartFTP not. By FTP all transfers now are fast, but with SFTP, not. I have checked many different settings. What could I have still wrong? What to check or change?

Are you using openssh on your linux servers?

I have setup a linux box on another box in my LAN and I get better speeds (up to 100% faster) than WinSCP with the latest version. Please try it:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Regards,
Mat

This is strange ... Now after this version I have notice that I need to upgrade to "Pro" version. I have Home, but I would like to do in next 12 days.

But ... so I will not test now it.

So in fact if this is not available, why I was able to use it earlier?

Hello ..

SFTP is not included in the Home version. However we allowed users and customers to use this feature for 2 months for free.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

SFTP is not included in the Home version. However we allowed users and customers to use this feature for 2 months for free.

Regards,
Mat

So no possibility to set this time 2 weeks longer? I will upgrade, but after 1 of May. So that mean my free 2 months away... I can not test anything more.

Remove the license key in the menu: Help->About dialog.

Remove the license key in the menu: Help->About dialog.

LOL ... Application crashed after that and I have lost all of configurations (and also all favorites). LOL. Nice. Thanks :-|

But in tranfers upload no more than 500KB/s now and download no more than 1.5MB/s now.

Btw. I have newest OpenSSH and for sure it has correct directives sets.

Regards

No the favorites do not get lost neither do the settings. Why don't you provide a crash report?

There is somethign wrong with your configuration. This thread is closed until somebody else experience similiar problems.

Regards,
Mat

No the favorites do not get lost neither do the settings. Why don't you provide a crash report?

There is somethign wrong with your configuration. This thread is closed until somebody else experience similiar problems.

Regards,
Mat

Just removed totally SmartFTP and all of SmartFTP system's registrys and installed it again and transfers are really very good. So why this could be the reason? :-|
But now it works good.

Also Favorites for lucky I see are saving as Favorites.old - it was simply to restore. So thanks
Uff.

So there is only one point left for my issues. As in my "Files are not displaying?" topic.

Regards and Respect