Change Directory force Refresh

I am using Smart FTP Version 3.0. There are a few features which seem to have changed that I was wondering if it was possible to enable.

1) When I click on a directory that I have already been to, is it possible to force getting the data again without actually asking it to refresh?
2) In an old version, any changes to the data in the right hand pane would show in red. For example, if the size of the file changed after pressing refresh it would show red.
3) What does turning on and off the "Cache" do? I have experimented with turning this off and on and it doesn't seem to do any thing
4) In the previous version, we could choose if we wanted to use the "Queued" transfer of files. I would like for any viewing of files to be direct and any file transfers to be non-queue'd. Is this possible?
5) The tool now supports "Move". This is very dangerous in my environment as if a "configuration" file were Moved, our system would fail to work. Is there any way to hide the move button?
6) This version seems much slower than version 1 or version 2. My Smart FTP version was corrupted so a started switched to another box and found that refreshing a directory and downloading files "felt" faster. Am I imagining things? Is there a fix on the way for this?
7) Is there any way to turn the pop-up window off? The window looks nice, but serves no purpose... it also delays the download.

Thanks!
David

Hello ..

Please install the latest version from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

>1) When I click on a directory that I have already been to, is it possible to force getting the data again without actually asking it to refresh?
Disabled the cache in the menu: Tools->Settings Cache dialog.

>2) In an old version, any changes to the data in the right hand pane would show in red. For example, if the size of the file changed after pressing refresh it would show red.
This feature has already been removed in version 2.5 because it confused too many users.

>3) What does turning on and off the "Cache" do? I have experimented with turning this off and on and it doesn't seem to do any thing
Should work as expected in the latest version.

>4) In the previous version, we could choose if we wanted to use the "Queued" transfer of files. I would like for any viewing of files to be direct and any file transfers to be non-queue'd. Is this possible?
This is not possible anymore. There is no benefit of using the old Direct transfer method.

>5) The tool now supports "Move". This is very dangerous in my environment as if a "configuration" file were Moved, our system would fail to work. Is there any way to hide the move button?
No this is not possible right now. However we consider to change the behavior.

>6) This version seems much slower than version 1 or version 2. My Smart FTP version was corrupted so a started switched to another box and found that refreshing a directory and downloading files "felt" faster. Am I imagining things? Is there a fix on the way for this?
Transferring files is as fast as before. There is a slight delay when you manually refresh the directory. However it's insignificant (<1s).

>7) Is there any way to turn the pop-up window off? The window looks nice, but serves no purpose... it also delays the download.
Go to the favorite settings. In the File Exist dialog set the default file exist action. Set it to Use Automatic Rules instead of Ask.

Regards,
Mat

Thank you very much. The new version resolved the cache issue. It now works as expected.

I changed the "Show Queue Animation" and it didn't make a difference. The first 2 times I did it, the tool kept changing the value back. The last time, I shutdown SmartFTP, changed the value, and started SmartFTP. I then dragged a folder onto my local browser and it still showed the dialog box moving to the Queue. Maybe I need to reboot... I will try that out later.

Thanks for all of the support,
David

My bad with the queue animation setting. It has been fixed. Bug fix will be in the next release.