SmartFTP v1.0.9980 fails to initialize

My SmartFTP v1.0.9980 has run fine on my 3 year dell XP laptop. I installed it on my new Dell XP laptop.

When I run the SFTPLicenseKey400004374.exe license executable and select 'Run SmartFTP' it starts up with no problem.

When i go to run c:/program files/smartftp/SmartFTP.exe I get this message:
The application failed to initilize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application.
I click OK and same message re-appears 1 more time and it closes and the SmartFTP does not start up.

It looks to me the application works fine, but it's missing some initializiation parameter.

Can you please advise on what I need to do to fix this? I don't want to upgrade since I really like this version.

Thanks,
Dan

Hello ..

Version 1.x is no longer supported. To use the new version please contact us at sales at smartftp com on how to renew the maintenance of your current license. The maintenance period of your license expired more than 3 years ago.

Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP

That's too bad. I've tried the new version and prefer the version I have.

If there is anything at all you can point to me troubleshoot, i would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dan

Hello ..

Version 1.x is no longer supported. To use the new version please contact us at sales at smartftp com on how to renew the maintenance of your current license. The maintenance period of your license expired more than 3 years ago.

Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP