Unable to Locate and Start SDMAN

A few days ago, SmartFTP started failing with the error message "Unable to Locate and Start SDMAN". This is contained in a dialog-box, entitled "SDAPI Error"

I uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of SmartFTP vers 2.5. I used regedit to manually remove all keys and data in the registry that referred to SmartFTP. Before reinstalling, I received thi error when starting the application. Now, I get this dialog box when I click the down-arrow in the local browser File field. I have to click the "OK" button four times to clear the error. Even then, I still cannot use the File field.

This is the registered version of the application.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Hello ..

Please try the latest version from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

If the problem persists please post or email a screenshot of the error message.

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

Mat,

I used the latest version vers 2.5 rel 1008.

thanks

SDMan is not part of our application. It looks like a 3rd party application is causing the problem. If you have Dragon NaturallySpeaking installed you might want to uninstall it.

Regards,
Mat

SDMan is not part of our application. It looks like a 3rd party application is causing the problem. If you have Dragon NaturallySpeaking installed you might want to uninstall it.

I don't have that application. This error message appears only with SmartFTP. The error started without my adding new applications to my computer.

Hello ..

I'm sorry but we cannot do anything about 3rd party applications that show messages. My advice is - as in my last post - to remove the Dragon NaturallySpeaking product.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Mat,

I cannot remove "Dragon NaturallySpeaking". As I stated earlier, I DO NOT OWN "Dragon NaturallySpeaking".

On another note, it appears that SDMAN.EXE maybe part of Windows XP configuration application; and, SmartFTP is not the only application having a problem with it, as noted by this post from 2004:

Shown here
More info
And here also

So, the problem may be deeper than telling me to remove a non-existent application. . SmartFTP is somehow calling this Miicrosoft Windows XP system program. You may want to look into this.

Whiteshark, thanks for that info. I saw that too when I Googled "sdman". I do have SABRE, so I'll look at that. I've had SABRE on my system for about 5 years and it has peacefully co-existed with SmatFTP. Then, just all of a sudden, last week, SmartFTP is giving me problems.

I have another XP system that I did a complete scan; no SDMAN there either. I have another full-license copy of SmartFTP (vers 2.5 build 1008)running on that system as well. It runs without this problem. It also has SABRE (I run a travel agency).

I just wonder why SmartFTP is looking for it on THIS system. And why now? Most curious.