Favorites not saving

I searched and found some subjects close but not exact.

I was having problems with my Favorites disapearing everytime i closed the program.
So I just bought and registered SmartFTP thinking it was the expiration issue from the free version.
I opened Smart FTP, set up all my favorites, spent an hour getting everything right. Raised Buffer speeds as fast as they will go.
Connected to everything, tested, uploaded, closed SmartFTP.

Re-open FTP and the Error message pops up..

Unable to restore the "Remote Browser" because the Associated favorite file is missing.

I even tried Exporting my Favorites to a .txt file, it saved it, However, when I attempt to import it, nothing happens, refresh, whatever, it's not there.
I tried exporting it as an SmartFTP .xml file but it only says "Failed to Export".

This is very frustrating, especially after buying it.
I have 4 ftp connections that I connect to everyday, i can't keep manually entering this info in, its driving me crazy.

btw, im using BBlean shell, but from what I read and know, it doesn't effect SmartFTP

Ah one more thing, is there a way to raise the max Buffer send speeds higher then 262144?
It only lets me go as fast as 204 KBps, I'm in Japan on a fiber optic connection in my home capable of 100 MBps.
I can upload Bittorrents at 30MBps so i think the Buffer/Send speed is limiting me in SmartFTP.

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 2412 MHz
Total Memory : 2047 MB
Free Memory : 1432 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.5.1006.38
Time Stamp : 2007-09-04 20:44:57
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.10.0
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.2.38
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.2

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.5.1006.38

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.5730.11

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Hello ..

Please make sure that you have sufficient permissions to write into the following folder:
%AppData%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Favorites
This is the place where the favorites are saved.

>Upload speed
Please try to upload to the same FTP server with another FTP client and compare the speeds.

Regards,
Mat
SmartFTP

My "user account" on my PC is "admin", so I don't see how I wouldn't have write privileges in that directory.
Plus, I tried to change the directory where Favorites are saved, to another drive, and as soon as I close SmartFTP, the favorite files disappear.

My "user account" on my PC is "admin", so I don't see how I wouldn't have write privileges in that directory.
Plus, I tried to change the directory where Favorites are saved, to another drive, and as soon as I close SmartFTP, the favorite files disappear.

Same here, not able to store the information and getting this error message "unable to restore a remote browser because the associated favorite item is missing.

If you like people to use your software, you should fix that bug since it make the app unusable when before starting you have to look up all your login data again.

Any idea how to work around meanwhile?

Thanks for answer.

Stefan

P.S.: Some configuration info: WinXPSP2 box, running with administrator rights, user not administrator but in administrators group. Write rights for user in favorits directory guaranteed.

Hello ..

We are unable to fix a problem we cannot reproduce. There is something that prevents the favorites from being saved into the Favorites folder. This is rather a problem with your system than with SmartFTP. If somebody volunteers for a remote debug session we will be able to debug the problem and thus we will be able to tell the cause of it.

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

If somebody volunteers for a remote debug session we will be able to debug the problem and thus we will be able to tell the cause of it.

Hi Mat,
I will give you access to my desktop using a tightvnc session. Please send an email to the account I did sign up with and we could discuss the details. You are heard very well here since I am also developing software.

Stefan

Hello... I have more ore less the same problem. I bought the license when the trail version did not loaded my favorites any more.
I made a backup of the favorites....but I'am unable to import them. If I select the soure (my backup) in the import window I'am not able to select a destination.

And I do not know how to save any new favorites. Do I miss a button in version 2.5?

I'am using version 2.5.1008

I tried to delete / uninstall all the previous installs and cleaned the registry but still I'm not able to store any favorite...imported or new ones.

In fact I can't do any thing in the favorites window:

Hello... I have more ore less the same problem. I bought the license when the trail version did not loaded my favorites any more.
I made a backup of the favorites....but I'am unable to import them. If I select the soure (my backup) in the import window I'am not able to select a destination.

And I do not know how to save any new favorites. Do I miss a button in version 2.5?

I'am using version 2.5.1008

I tried to delete / uninstall all the previous installs and cleaned the registry but still I'm not able to store any favorite...imported or new ones.

In fact I can't do any thing in the favorites window:

Oke I managedd to import my favorites by adding the local path on my pc. But the manage and add favorites remains unusable...every option is greyed out.

Hello ..

Please install the latest version from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Reboot your computer and try again.

Are you using the 64-bit version of Windows?

Regards,
Mat