License issues in Vista

I have installed a new license to a new laptop running vista ultimate but every time I shut down the computer and reboot when opening my smartftp app the unlicensed trial clock comes up asking me to enter a license key... and I have to do this every time I restart my machine, can you tell me what I am doing wrong? I use the Automatic Activation (recommended) each time hoping it will install correctly and recognize it the next time I open the app... but it isn't working. Any suggestions?? Thank you for your time and support.

Hello ..

Before the reboot do you have a file called SmartFTP.key in the %AppData%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\ folder?
What about after the reboot?

Regards,
Mat

Hello ..

Before the reboot do you have a file called SmartFTP.key in the %AppData%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\ folder?
What about after the reboot?

Regards,
Mat

thank you for the reply, no I don't see it there.

After I reboot i get the 'your trial is now 38 days and has expired', I lose all my favorites, and have to basically go back to the lost key email I got and do the auto key install in order to get the program to open 'licensed' and not in the unlicensed state I get when I reboot the pc.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but I still get the problem... never had this issue when running XP, just on this new Vista machine..

I appreciate any suggestions you may have for me, and thanks again for your time.
Patrick

Hello ..

Install the license key from the license key setup. Then go to %AppData%\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\ folder
Do you see a SmartFTP.key there?

If you do something deletes the file between your reboots. Also you shouldn't loose the favorites unless they are are deleted as well by another application.

Create new user account on Vista and login in with this account. Then try the same procedure again.

Regards,
Mat