Transfer with Smart FTP

Hi. I just got Smart FTP for FTP transfers at work. I would also like to use it for reliable transfers of files between computers. I've tried this and it works but only copies the files and pastes from one computer to another. I'm not sure how to do the equivalent of a cut and paste that could be monitored in the transfer queue.

Thanks for the help.

Derrick

Hello ..

Add the files/folders to the transfer queue as normal (Tutorials: https://www.smartftp.com/support/howto). Then right-click on the item(s) and select Properties from the context menu. In the property dialog change the operation from Copy to Move.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Hi. When I do that the current operation is "unknown" and I change it to "Move." I pick the destination and start the transfer. It still does not delete the source file. Just seems to copy them. Am I doing anything wrong here?

Derrick

Please install the latest version of SmartFTP:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Please post a screenshot showing the Properties dialog of the queue item.

Regards,
SmartFTP

I get this when I'm changing the settings. When I enter the destination, it doesn't register in the transfer queue, so i have to right click and link to the destination again. Then it transfers.

Then I get this after I changed the settings and the transfer occured. The files do copy over but they are still present at the source as well. This is what shows up on the program. As you can see, one folder and all the images in one folder now show up in the transfer queue and I'm not sure why this occurs. Also, when I clicked properties for one of the files I noticed that the settings had changed.

Thanks for the help.

Derrick

Hello ...

I still can't reproduce the problem. What version of SmartFTP are you using? Can you post the system information from the menu: Help -> About dialog.

Please be very specific how you add the items to the queue and how you change the destination (in the properties dialog, with dra&drop to local browser, over the context menu -> destination) because there are at least 3 different ways on how this can be done.

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

Hello ...

I still can't reproduce the problem. What version of SmartFTP are you using? Can you post the system information from the menu: Help -> About dialog.

Please be very specific how you add the items to the queue and how you change the destination (in the properties dialog, with dra&drop to local browser, over the context menu -> destination) because there are at least 3 different ways on how this can be done.

Thank you
Regards,
Mat

This is version 2.5.1006

I tried moving again with a couple folders called "Golf Pics1" and "Golf Pics2" that had a few recent photos in it. Basically what I do is take the folder from the browser and drag it to the transfer queue. Then I right click the folder in the in the temporary queue and change the properties setting from "Copy" to "Move". Then I enter in the properties destination information by selecting local and then entering in the mapping information to the destination drive on the other computer. The destination information doesn't save and I don't know why because I map the whole thing (\\server\drive\folder) The only way I get it to work is to select a pre-entered destination by right clicking the group of folders and selecting the saved destination...which is as a local pre-mapped R drive which is fine because it does enable the transfer to start. However, after the transfer, all it really did was copy, and not move the folder.

Hello ..

I have fixed the problem where the set destination function would overwrite the operation. But I couldn't reproduce the problem where the destination folder/location doesn't save. Do you change the destination folder in the Properties dialog? Does it save if you enter a non UNC path (path without the \\ prefix)?

Please install the latest version from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Regards,
Mat