Favorites

Hi
I have created a favorite for our upload site but often I need to go to specific subfolders and I want these stored as favorites because I use them often. At the moment the only way I can see to do this is to re-enter all the FTP information over again for each sub folder I want to create a shortcut for? Is there a way to have a shortcut set from within an FTP account? e.g on my last FTP program CuteFTP professional all I need to do is log into the FTP account Im interested in browse to the local folder then the remote folder and hit store in favourites. It then automatically stores the FTP login information. I can then create another favorite for another set of subfolders simply by browsing to the next set of subfolders and create as many of these as I need. No need to re-enter the login info each time. How can I do this with SmartFTP?

Thanks

JohnB

There are two ways:

1. One favorite with bookmarks
Connect to the favorite. Right-click on the folder you want to bookmark. Select Change Folder from the context menu. Then click on "Bookmark Folder"
To change to the bookmarked folder just select the bookmark from the Change Folder context menu.

2. Duplicate favorites
Go to Menu: Favorites -> Edit Favorites. Locate your favorite (check Quick Connect folder). Copy the favorite, paste the favorite. Change the Path in the newly copied favorite.

Personally I would prefer the first method.

Regards,
-Mat

1. One favorite with bookmarks
Connect to the favorite. Right-click on the folder you want to bookmark. Select Change Folder from the context menu. Then click on "Bookmark Folder"
To change to the bookmarked folder just select the bookmark from the Change Folder context menu.

Hi I can't seem to get this to work. This is what I'm doing.

Connecting to the ftp site
Browsing to the remote folder I want to bookmark,
Then browsing to the local folder I want to be linked to the remote folder
Then highlighting the remote folder and right clicking on it
Then Bookmark folder.

Then as a test I close down the FTP site and reopen and then right click on a remote folder then select the bookmark I've just saved the remote folder opens up ok but the local folder does not change to the subfolder I originally highlighted when I saved the bookmark.

How do I save a book mark so that both the specific local folder and the remote folder both open when I click on the bookmark.

Thanks

John

Hello ..

You cannot save a local folder with a remote bookmark. However you can set the initial local folder in the favorite settings (General->Local dialog).

Regards,
SmartFTP