Vista Ult. 64, Does not OverWrite?

How come the 64x version of the program does not overwrite files like the 32bit version did? I've changed the setting to tell it to overwrite if the newer version is there, unfortunately it has yet to do that.

TM

Hello ..

Please provide step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem. Include the system information from the menu: Help->About as well.

Regards,
-Mat

Hello ..

Please provide step by step instructions on how to reproduce the problem. Include the system information from the menu: Help->About as well.

Regards,
-Mat
Using 2.5.1005

Pull the files to temporary que, then from temporary que to the destination folder.

I'm sorry but we are not able to reproduce it with your one sentence instructions.

I'm sorry but we are not able to reproduce it with your one sentence instructions.
I still can't overwrite when uploading. What else do you need? You asked a question, I answered it in two steps because that is how I upload files.

I don't understand why it is so complicated with the 64 bit version, in the 32 bit version it was easy to set to automatically over write a file, if you were uploading a newer one.

I have this same issue -- basically it's this example:

I have a vbulletin forum I'm the admin of and a new version comes out. It has a .zip file that has many subdirectories in it that need to be uploaded to overwrite the files on the system (which are identical in name, but older and usually smaller).

If I put the dir on the left (local) to match the dir on the right (ftp site) and hit the upload button in the middle, it will begin the upload and on the first identical file it will ask what to do. I select overwrite and hit the "all" box to do it to all of them, but it seems that subdirectories are not affected and it's not working on them -- I have to go into the subdirectories and do each one of them, one at a time for it to work.

Have 2 forums that use this software, have had it happen on both.

We are unable to reproduce the problems you are reporting. SmartFTP works as expected.

Regards,
-Mat

We are unable to reproduce the problems you are reporting. SmartFTP works as expected.

Regards,
-Mat

I will try it on a Vista 32bit laptop that I have and see if it works on there or if the problem is identical. I'll report back here either way.

Perhaps you're not trying or testing it on all types of FTP servers? I know there are a lot of variations out there - maybe these types you've not tested?

In any case, I'll just email a message to my computer that is running 64bit and say, "your designer says you work as expected" and see if your technically skilled reply fixes it I'll reply back here and let you know that too.

Confirmed that this only happens in the 64bit version, not the 32bit... so it does not work as expected, sorry to say.

I guess just use the 32bit version? Is there any advantage to using the 64bit version otherwise?

Newest version still has this error for 64bit, although this time at least it WILL upload it automatically ... it just keeps asking if you want to automatically upload it, or manually, and won't stop until you close the window - verified on multiple computers. Hope you can find it. I can send you a virtual server of mine if you want to see it have problems in the wild ...

Please try to explain the problem in more detail as I don't understand it. Maybe a log, screenshots or a movie helps.

Regards,
SmartFTP