Files Being Deleted

Hi,

I am a registered customer and currently using the 32-bit version 2.5.1005.

I had to reformat my hard drive and start over again this time upgrading from WinXP Pro to WinXP Media Center. I am noticing now for the first time that if I select a group of files from the server and drag it into the Transfer Queue and from the transfer queue drag those files to a folder on my local computer that now for the first time SmartFTP deletes the files on the server. What I wind up having is a "move" operation and not the "copy" operation that it used to do and supposed to do. How do I fix that?

Sarah Marci Weinberger
ButterflyVista, LLC

Dear Sarah Marci Weinberger ...

Please post the System Information which you can find in the Menu: Help->About dialog.

Also we would appreciate if you can add your license key id to profile in this forum.
Thank you.

Regards,
-Mat

Hi,

+- System -----------------------------
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

CPU Speed : 3600 MHz
Total Memory : 2045 MB
Free Memory : 1181 MB

+- SmartFTP ---------------------------
Version : 2.5.1005.26
Time Stamp : 2007-04-19 02:57:35
Platform : x86

+- Application DLL --------------------
sfFTPLib.dll : 1.5.9.15
sfFavorites.dll : 1.0.1.26
SmartHook.dll : 1.0.2.2

+- Language ---------------------------
SmartFTP.exe : 2.5.1005.26

+- Internet Explorer ------------------
Version : 7.0.5730.11

+- Winsock ----------------------------
Winsock : 2.2

Hello ..

Thank you. When you drag the items from the Transfer Queue to the Remote Browser do you see a small + in your mouse cursor?

If you don't a possible workound is to hold the CTRL key while you drag&drop the items from the Transfer Queue to the Remote Browser.

Regards,
-Mat

Hello,

1. If I drag an item FROM the server to the transfer queue, I DO see a small plus sign on the mouse cursor. If I then drag that item (a folder in this case) from the transfer queue to a folder on my local drive using the integrated local view explorer, then I do NOT see a plus sign. The transfer completes, but the oibject (a folder with embedded files in this case) deletes from the server. The reverse operation is fine.

2. If I hold down the control key from the server to the transfer queue and then from the transfer queue to a folder on my local computer, then that object DOES NOT delete from the server. Everything works as expected, ALTHOUGH I should NOT have to hold down the control key. That means that there is a bug in the software somewhere.

At least there is a work around, but I would like to fix the bug.

Hi Matt,

This last build fixed the file deletion problem. What was the bug?

Sarah Marci Weinberger
ButterflyVista