Cannot login

Hi! I have been using smartFTP for about 5 years and for the first time I am experiencing problems with it. It won't (can't) connect to my FTP server. I have checked with my host and they have no problems connecting. I can connect to one of my domains but not the other. I registered today hoping to have this problem solved! Please help!

Best regards from Iceland,
VerySmart

[22:13:33] 220 ProFTPD 1.2.8 Server (ProFTPD Default Installation) [host69.ipowerweb.com]
[22:13:33] USER hrundhol
[22:13:34] 331 Password required for hrundhol.
[22:13:34] PASS (hidden)
[22:13:35] 530 Login incorrect.
[22:13:35] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/51
[22:13:35] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

No changes in login/pw

regards,
verysmart

Hello ...

Your username/password is not correct or there are other problems with your account. Please contact your webhosting provider or server administrator.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Hello ...

Your username/password is not correct or there are other problems with your account. Please contact your webhosting provider or server administrator.

Regards,
SmartFTP

I already contacted them and they had no problems connecting, they even uploaded a test page.

VerySmart

Then you'd just have to double check that they used the same server, username and password as you did. Maybe you're connecting to the wrong server?

Then you'd just have to double check that they used the same server, username and password as you did. Maybe you're connecting to the wrong server?

Maybe, but I made no changes at all. They used the login information I gave them. We'll see. Thanks.

I am having the same problem since last updating the software it is is NOT an incorrect user name or password. I've verified that repeatedly. I ftp to multiple sites and can't log in to any of them. I'm running Vista Ultimate if that matters. All I know is, I can't log in to any of my sites to make changes.