Uploading - two questions

First of all, I don't claim to be a whiz with FTP as most of you probably are. So please excuse any of my strange questions. I'll take all the help I can get.

I just purchased the new Smart FTP version and am having a problem uploading my Web site pages to the Internet. (Even though I viewed the Tutorial) Do I have to use the "Transfer Queue" to upload page files? Or could I just drag and drop them over to the Internet page? That's how I did it before.

With the 1.1 version, a "File Exists" window used to pop up. Then I clicked on "All" and "Overwrite" to upload. This window does not pop up in the new program. Is it supposed to? If so, how do I get it to do that. Also, I noticed that in that window (last time I uploaded), the "Existing File" indicated that the Last Changed date and time was 1/3/2007 17:32:00 PM ---- and the "Replace With" shows Last Changed 1/1/2007 9:53:37 AM. How could the Last Changed time be "future" and the Replace With be present? I'm not sure I understand that. Am I supposed to change the clock to the present time? If so, how do I do that? Somehow the clock jumped ahead in time.

(Does any of this make sense?)

Thanks,
RonProCon

Do I have to use the "Transfer Queue" to upload page files? Or could I just drag and drop them over to the Internet page? That's how I did it before.
You don't have to use the transfer queue. Let me explain this in more detail. SmartFTP in general supports two different modes to transfer files, either in "Direct Mode" using the existing connection that is also used to receive "low bandwidth data" like a directory listing, or using the "Transfer Queue" which opens new connections in the background and auto-resumes transfers until they are finished. The latter is what most users want. Using drag & drop does not necessarily imply the use of either method. SmartFTP by default uses "Direct Mode" when a file is dragged & dropped, but that can be changed under Tools -> Settings -> General -> Navigation -> Default Drag & Drop Action. In fact, I would recommend to change this from the default to "Queue", so you'll get auto-resume when transferring files via drag & drop.

With the 1.1 version, a "File Exists" window used to pop up. Then I clicked on "All" and "Overwrite" to upload. This window does not pop up in the new program. Is it supposed to? If so, how do I get it to do that.
SmartFTP became much more configurable. In the settings, go to Transfer -> File Exists and edit the rules for the transfer methods. Note that the "Ask" action (which is what you want) is only available for Direct Mode transfers.

Also, I noticed that in that window (last time I uploaded), the "Existing File" indicated that the Last Changed date and time was 1/3/2007 17:32:00 PM ---- and the "Replace With" shows Last Changed 1/1/2007 9:53:37 AM. How could the Last Changed time be "future" and the Replace With be present? I'm not sure I understand that. Am I supposed to change the clock to the present time? If so, how do I do that? Somehow the clock jumped ahead in time.
If the existing file was on the server, and you were uploading, the time comes from the server. So maybe the server clock was just wrong. Additionally, the timezone defined in the server's favorite item is taken into account.