connection problems

Hi,
I've noticed that this is a big problem here on this site but I can't get a connection to the site I'm working on. I've read the other topics and I don't think that my problem applies. It might be something really simple. I don't have Norton installed on my computer I have AVG. I can't find anything in the program that will allow me to remove Smartftp from being blocked. I have Windows xp professional for an oprerating system. I was using Smartftp for about a week and then all of the sudden i get nothing. I'm managing a site for a client and i really need to access that site! i didn't have this problem until after I changed my password. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Please help!

post it how? as a reply or some other way? I don't want anyone else to have that information do I?

Just enter your license ID into your forum profile. The ID alone won't let anybody license his / her copy of SmartFTP.

ok done! Now will you please help me figure this out? i know its not just my computer becuz I had a friend try on their computer and they could not get access either. The last thing I did before I lost control of the program was change the password through the edit my favorites section. Now whenever I try to log on to the website its says waiting in the connections viewer. It also has a little icon to indicate that its sleeping.

Anyway what do I do?

Continue to login attempt 10...
[23:27:32] QUIT
[23:27:32] 221-Goodbye. You uploaded 0 and downloaded 0 kbytes.
[23:27:32] 221 Logout.
[23:27:32] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
[23:27:32] Client closed the connection.
[23:27:32] Resolving host name "www.triplecrownpublications.com"
[23:27:32] Connecting to 68.178.213.22 Port: 21
[23:27:32] Connected to www.triplecrownpublications.com.
[23:27:33] 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
[23:27:33] 220-You are user number 18 of 50 allowed.
[23:27:33] 220-Local time is now 20:27. Server port: 21.
[23:27:33] 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
[23:27:33] 220 You will be disconnected after 3 minutes of inactivity.
[23:27:33] USER triplecrown
[23:27:33] 331 User triplecrown OK. Password required
[23:27:33] PASS (hidden)
[23:27:33] 530 Login authentication failed
[23:27:33] Active Help: https://www.smartftp.com/support/kb/51
[23:27:33] Cannot login waiting to retry (30s)...

I didn't even realize that the log window was closed all this time. I'm kinda new to all of this. OK does this mean that someone is keeping me from accessing the site? And is that someone the host who we purchased the domain name from? Or is this saying that I am using the wrong password?

Hello ..

The username/password you have entered is wrong or there is a problem with your account. In any case I would be good to contact your web hosting provider. This is the company which manages the remote servers where your files/pages are located at.

Regards,
-Mat