Password using SmartFTP Client 2.0

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to SmartFTP Client 2.0 from SmartFTP 1.1. This older version had expired and i bought the licence for the newer version. The problem is that it won't accept my password and i can't connect to my webpage. The username is ok. The username and password was automatically saved when i upgraded.

As a result i have been using the older version to update my website using the Licence Key which i had purchased when i got the upgrade. The problem now is that i want to able to run a command ( python to generate a sitemap) but there does not seem to be command line on SmartFTP 1.1. There is on SmartFTP Client 2.0 - View, Toolbars, Command Line or Shift F5.

So I need to be able to connect to my website using this later version. Can anyone help? Or if there is a command line on SmartFTP 1.1 that would be great.

Kind Regards

Gerry

Hello ...

In Version 1.1 go to the Menu: Tools->Settings. Then in the Interface/Display dialog, enable "Show Passwords". Then restart SmartFTP and the password of your site is showed in the address bar. Then create a new remote browser in version 2.0 using the correct username/password and host. Menu: File->New Remote Browser.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
-Mat

Hello ...

In Version 1.1 go to the Menu: Tools->Settings. Then in the Interface/Display dialog, enable "Show Passwords". Then restart SmartFTP and the password of your site is showed in the address bar. Then create a new remote browser in version 2.0 using the correct username/password and host. Menu: File->New Remote Browser.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
-Mat

Thanks a mil, Mat. Tried this out and it worked. The case of my password was wrong i think. I now can use the newer version, which is great. Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

Gerry