Lost Domains, Logins & passwords

I've been using version 2.0.996 for about a week now. All of a sudden today it shut down by itself, and when I reopened it all of my saved domain names, log in Id's and passwords were gone.

I still have Ver 1.5.990 loaded on my machine. It has all of the information. When 2.0 installed it imported the information. Is there any way to import it again? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall 2.0 to get the job done? Is there something I can do to prevent it from happening again?

Hi, you can go to:

Favorites->Edit Favorites->Tools->Import and import again your favs, also you can have at your favorites folder (For example at C:\Documents and Settings\SteveWorld\Application Data\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Favorites) a copy of your favorites.

Hi, you can go to:

Favorites->Edit Favorites->Tools->Import and import again your favs, also you can have at your favorites folder (For example at C:\Documents and Settings\SteveWorld\Application Data\SmartFTP\Client 2.0\Favorites) a copy of your favorites.

No dice! All I can find there are my v2.0 quick connect favorites. I need to import the quick connects from ver 1.5.

Hi, your SmartFTP 1.x favorites may can be located at C:\Documents and Settings\SteveWorld\Application Data\SmartFTP

Hi, your SmartFTP 1.x favorites may can be located at C:\Documents and Settings\SteveWorld\Application Data\SmartFTP

I realize this, however unlike 2.0, 1.x favorites do not contain the quickconnects. They are stored in the "history" file. SFTP 1.x offers no way to export them and even if it did, 2.0 offers no way to import.

Durring the install process of v2.0 I was asked if I wanted to import history from prior version. I checked yes and it did. Everything worked fine for days untill v2.o crashed and lost all quick connects. I'm looking for a way to import "history" (ie., quick connects) not favorites. I know it is possible because the v2.0 upgrade did it.

I guess uninstalling and reinstalling v2.0 will be less of a hassel than continuing this thread. If possible could you advise me of what file to back up (the one containing the quick connects) so I can easily restore if the same bug shows its face again.

History files cannot be imported.

A technical note regarding the History:
There was a change in what information were stored in v1 and in v2. In v2 only references to "Favorite Items
are stored in the "History.dat" file. In v1 beside references to the favorite item also site information as username/password/port were stored.

When v2 detects a previous installation of SmartFTP v1 it will create a favorite item for each history item it finds in a v1 "History.dat".

You could try to copy the History.dat from v1 over the History.dat from v2. Then start SmartFTP. SmartFTP might detect your old History.dat and convert all the old history items to favorite items. The favorite items then can be found in the menu: Favorites->Quick Connect folder.

If this shouldn't work we will find another solution for you.

Regards,
-Mat
SmartFTP

A technical note regarding the History:
There was a change in what information were stored in v1 and in v2. In v2 only references to "Favorite Items
are stored in the "History.dat" file. In v1 beside references to the favorite item also site information as username/password/port were stored.

When v2 detects a previous installation of SmartFTP v1 it will create a favorite item for each history item it finds in a v1 "History.dat".

You could try to copy the History.dat from v1 over the History.dat from v2. Then start SmartFTP. SmartFTP might detect your old History.dat and convert all the old history items to favorite items. The favorite items then can be found in the menu: Favorites->Quick Connect folder.

If this shouldn't work we will find another solution for you.

Regards,
-Mat
SmartFTP

Perfect solution Quick and it worked, Thank You