overwriting files

When moving files on a regular basis from one location to another, is the move ignored if the remote file and the local file have the same name (or date or size)? Can this be overridden?

I do not understand what you mean. Please provide a detailed description of the problem.

Regards,
SmartFTP

This is what I'm doing:

I set up a schedule to dump the same folder of files from my server to a backup drive at my home. There are hundreds of files in this folder (and sub-folders). The first day it ran it took over an hour to complete. When the schedule ran the second day it took about 10 minutes.

This leads me to believe that if a file with the same attributes are in the destination, SmartFTP ignores that download and moves on. Unless I search for every file that had changed during the time between downloads and then check to see if that file was indeed overwritten with the new contents, I can't confirm this.

This is why I'm asking: Doe SmartFTP automatically overwrite files or does it check to see if the file is the same and if it is it skips that file and moves on?

Kevin

I do not understand what you mean. Please provide a detailed description of the problem.

Regards,
SmartFTP

The file exist action (overwrite, skip, resume) is evaluated according to the File Exist rules.
Settings->Transfer->File Exist

Regards,
SmartFTP