File Filter

I am trying to copy a single directory from our SAN to a Linux server using SmartFTP. The directory has over 130,000 files in it totaling roughly 350 GB. I've tried several FTP programs and am currently using SmartFTP (licensed and latest build) to do the transfer. All programs I've tried have either timed out or crashed.

My current attempt is to list the files in a local window and drag about 20,000 at a time into the transfer queue. This is in lieu of transferring the entire directory at once. As expected, there is sluggishness to get things going due to the number of files involved. It's been running for about an hour and a half w/o crashing, but it isn't transferring files either (it

The transfer queue is quickly scrolling through each file -- too fast. With each file, the status says:
1. Connecting
2. Waiting for remote hash
3. Pre-Transfer

Is this normal or has the program crashed?

Dear Jeff ..

Please add your license key to your forum profile for premium support.

Thank you.
-Mat

Dear Jeff ..

Please add your license key to your forum profile for premium support.

Thank you.
-Mat

Sorry. It's there now.

The program appears to be in some sort of loop. I aborted the transfer and am now using FileZilla to transfer files in 10K file batches. It too has crashed several times over the past few days. I'm in a bind...short of purchasing a 400 gig external hard drive and USB'ing it to the Linux server, I'm out of options.

I've been using SFTP for a few years and it has never let me down. For the moment, I'll assume I'm doing something wrong. I'm using PureFTP on the Linux Server if that is relevant.

Please install the latest version from:
https://www.smartftp.com/download

Then right-click on the queue item and select "Show Log". Then post the log into this forum from the items you think where something wrong happens. The ones that are stuck with "Waiting for Remote Hash" for a longer period of time for example.

Thanks
-Mat