Global -> URL Expansion (Multiple Entries)

In the Global -> URL setting for a favorite site, it is only possible to enter a single mapping from an FTP folder to an HTTP path. However, the FTP for webhosts that allow multiple sites on a single account often have a structure where different FTP paths have different associated HTTP paths.

For example, the Direct Admin hosting system creates a structure of /domains/*/public_html where * is the associated domain name (such as extrarius.name). Also, if you create a subdomain, it's folder is /domains/*/public_html/? where * is as before and ? is the name of the subdomain (such as scripts for scripts.extrarius.name).

Some kind of regular expression system would be nice, but at the very least, please make the mapping a list so a person could manually enter each adresses' FTP path and the corresponding HTTP base URL. Perhaps the menu item 'Copy URL -> HTTP' could be disabled if the current FTP path doesn't have a corresponding HTTP mapping, or it could display an error.

Your feature requests makes sense but consider to create a favorite item for each web site you have under multi web site account. I think this is an acceptable workaround.

Regards,
-Mat

While it is a workaround, in the cases that actually apply to me, it's easier to just type in all the HTTP urls manually because of the number of sites I host on a single server. When I'm working on one of the sites, I almost always need to be accessing others to see what choice I (and others) have made before in similar situations, so I need to see other sections both in http and ftp and the easiest way to do the ftp end is to just click a few times to get to the other site in the other folder rather than opening a whole new ftp connection and remeber which is which despite the fact that they have the same contents, etc.