UTF16 support

I've been a happy educational user of SmartFTP for quite a while. However, although SmartFTP has very good UTF8 support, UTF16 support should also be added.

I've found that when using SmartFTP on my Windows laptop (client) at work to download files from my iMac at home which is set up as an FTP server, that directories and files with international characters in their names are unreadable. My understanding is that OS X uses UTF16 for international characters, and that is where the problem seems to lie. I've had similar issues using a Linux client to FTP to my home iMac.

Please consider adding UTF16 support.

Hello ...

If you can provide us a test account (read-only is sufficient) access on the FTP server we can easily implement the support. A document with technical specifications of the FTP server would help as well.

Thank you.
-Mat

Hello ...

If you can provide us a test account (read-only is sufficient) access on the FTP server we can easily implement the support. A document with technical specifications of the FTP server would help as well.

Thank you.
-Mat
I'm sending you the test account info via a PM.

Sorry I haven't set up the account sooner, but my home computer time is limited -- I have a 2 year-old kid.

Thanks!