Tabbed window combinations?

In general, I like to have the local browser window on one side of the screen and the remote ftp connection on the other, so I can sync the two folders easily, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The problem comes when I'm on more than one connection and I have the choice of letting auto-arrange split the view in 3 (or 4 if I want another local browser with another set of files), or using maximised view which is very annoying. (or, I could resize them all manually whenever I connected).

What would be great is if you could either tile the windows to a set number of divisions (so any more windows than, say, two tiled windows got tiled again but underneath) so that you could use the window list toolbar to flick between connections with the screen neatly divided. Maybe even better would be to divide all the windows into different window sets, so you can flick between window arrangements.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts, since I'm sure there's an ideal solution that would make using smartftp that bit more convenient.

This is coming in the SmartFTP Pro version. To be released in Q4 2005.

-Mat