Option to change the size of disk write cache

SmartFTP accesses my HD ca. every second. I have no idea how big the client's I/O cache is, but based on its size in memory (which is currently 2.5M) I think it's a fair guess to assume that the cache is not enormous. And it doesn't seem to utilise XP's native cache either.
I'm a brave man :oops: and I could live with a low prob danger of data loss so I'd really like to increase the cache size.

SmartFTP doesn't manually flush the disk IO buffer. Its call managed by the operating system. We added an additional CreateFile flag in a recent build which improves the cache management for high speed transfers (10 Mbyte/s+).
-Mat

My connection isn't THAT fast, it's a weak 512k download ADSL line, but my HD is accessed too frequently nonetheless.

Just how big is the I/O cache that SmartFTP doesn't flush manually? I have no insight on how SmartFTP is coded but usually there's some kind of buffer created (implicitly) by the I/O library of programming languages. Would it be possible to increase that?
Or is it just my XP?

The write back cache is solely controlled by the OS. It decides when to flush it.

-Mat

Then, I guess, my problem cannot be helped. Anyway, if you have some spare on your hands, please consider adding an output buffer that's controlled by SmartFTP. If not, then it stays as it is. It's not that disturbing anyway.

Thanks for your attention.