Dreamweaver Like Synchronize Remote Directory

First, SmartFTP is an excellent product that wups the pants off any other product I've tried to date. I move thousands of files a week and it's threaded queues save me time!

One feature that would put this product through the roof is a Dreamweaver like synchronization of remote directories.

If the software was only uploading newer files, I could save even more time by only uploading my changes. I'm moving huge trees of websites where only 10% of the content ever changes in a single update.

I like your tool because it doesn't lock up the interface while it's sending files. I can move files for several sites at the same time. Your tool gives me more control over bandwidth too -- i.e. 4 threads for site A, and unlimited for site B. Nice job of using favorites.

When do you think even a rudimentary "upload new only" or Dreamweaver like synchronization of remote directories?

Sincerely,

Justin

I don't know Dreamweaver but I jsut switched from WSFtp which has a similar feature which I'am missing most at the moment:

For the transfer operations you can choose to only transmit files that are nonexistant, changed size, or have a newer modification date.

Because I really don't want to transfer the whole bunch of files I have all the time and I don't want to search for the 15 single files that changed manually I'd really like a feature like that for SFTP.

Yours, tilmann

I too would love this feature and i was just wondering if this feature was looked upon or implemented in any way?  I am looking for the same and there are very few tools which can do this.

Thanks

It's the default behavior. Only new/changed/modified are transferred.