I File Properties -- Up/Download

Warning not so good eng. :?

Hi

I desires that there existed a function in order to save down all file properties
when I downloads a file / web-page, as that when I loads up the file / home page
again as restore all file file properties simultaneously.

What properties are you talking about? Give an example, please.

What properties are you talking about? Give an example, please.
Not good eng. :?

Let say that you have installed a number of cgi script that must have
a little different premissions for to work. Now receives you know that servern shall swap for that not need redo exactly all as would it be good if mapparnas & filernas rights could be loaded down simultaneously that you download all files before servern swaps, as when the new servern is on location is it just that refuel up all folders & files and the once again receives its rights that the had before server swap.

The premissions I taking about is F7 in SmartFTP
:idea:

Hmm, interesting idea, although it might be some work for SmarFTP to remember the file's original access rights (an extra "properties" file for each file to remember the properties for is just not nice). But at least on NTFS drives there is a clean solution to this. SmartFTP could (if enabled in the options) save the original access rights of a downloaded file to an ADS ("Alternate Data Stream") attached to that file. When the file is uploaded again, a dialog could pop-up and ask to restore the access rights (i.e. do an automatic CHMOD afterwards). Note this would only make sense for the Unix mode bits, but not for the owner bits, as there is no guarantee the second server has the same users and groups as the first server, but nevertheless it would be a cool feature :-) Mat, what do you think?

Not good eng. :?

Not, I don't want have a "properties" file for each file, but one
global "properties" file for all file.

example not real:
___Syntax on global "properties" file______
ftp://my.serv/cgi/formmail.cgi 777
ftp://my.game.fun/cgi/formmail.cgi 755
EOF_________________________________
So:
FTPurl[Space]properties[EOL](End Of Line)
EOF(End Of File)

And this prop.dat can be save in smartFTP:s map.