Global Queue & Session Queue

Hello,

I think it would be better if there were 'more' Global Queues. If you want to download from several servers at the same time and put everything to the Global Queue Smart FTP downloads the files in turn then and not simultaneous. And the Session Queue is not as good as the Global Queue. My suggestion: Remove the Session Queues and insert a Global Queue for each server you are connected to.

Sorry for my bad English.. I hope you understand what I mean.

Greetz,

Easyman

This is exactly what's planned for the future.

This is exactly what's planned for the future.

Will this be the default for all download actions?

Right now you have to right click or use the queue souce to get things into the globale queue.. Will a drag and drop action put all files in the Global queue in the next version?

fyi: you already can configure smartftp to put files to the global queue when double-clicking them. when uploading files, you can drag & drop with the right mouse button to get a context menu where you can queue the files. this does not yet work for downloading via drag & drop, though.

as i know, the feature is still missing in SmartFTP. i mean the feature to download the files in the Global Queue list one by one. it would be very nice to have a possiblity to Start/Stop and Pause your downloads for eacht selected files apart, just one by one. Dev's.....think about this feature.....

The last time I set the max no. of connections to 2 and the per-site max to 1 SmartFTP started to download from 2 different sites. I don't see why we would need more than 1 global queues? As for the sessions queues, remove them.

The last time I set the max no. of connections to 2 and the per-site max to 1 SmartFTP started to download from 2 different sites. I don't see why we would need more than 1 global queues? As for the sessions queues, remove them.
i am wondering how did u set the per-site max. to 1 as u said?? where can i find this option? is this in the properties of my favorite ftp site?

Merging the Global & Session queues would be great if it would allow centralized management of transfers while being able to browse the cached site and see the log of exactly what's happening with the transfers in the queue at the same time. Being able to start/stop each queue item separately would be nice too.

Count 1 additional request for 'control files and different servers in Global Q separately'. That means ability to stop/pause/postpone transfers, stop/start transfer for one server separately, etc.