On queue complete..

Hey,

Whenever you set the On queue complete setting to anything other than "Idle" or "Stop Queue" once smartftp is re-opened the setting returns to "Idle".

Maybe smartftp could remember that last setting so it will go to something else like "Stop Queue" instead of "idle".

I realise this is an old thread, but I've a related request:

Any chance a toggle option could be provided, to control whether or not the last "on queue complete" is saved when the program closes?

Situation:
More often than not, I prefer the program to do nothing when the transfer queue completes, but every so often I have a large upload or large selection of files to complete, so I'll set the option to turn off the computer when finished. When I then use SmartFTP next (say perhaps a week later) I'd like to have it actually reset to "idle", otherwise I just forget that automatic shut-down was set, and end up transferring a couple of small files, look away from the screen for a few seconds and find that the computer is shutting down!

Obviously from the above post, some users actually prefer this method, but it would be nice to just have a simple option in the Settings dialogue to specifically choose whether or not the last setting is kept on restart.

Obviously from the above post, some users actually prefer this method, but it would be nice to just have a simple option in the Settings dialogue to specifically choose whether or not the last setting is kept on restart.

I encounter exactly the same scenario - so I too would like the option of choosing whether this setting persists.

However, a better alternative for me would be enhancing the Turn Off Computer feature.

After the queue completes with the shutdown option enabled, I would prefer a timeout box to appear on screen giving me chance to abort the shutdown (say 60 seconds). If I don't act (i.e. the pc is unattended) the shutdown continues. But crucially it would cover the cases where I accidentally left TurnOffComputer enabled by mistake.

Cheers

According to my knowledge a timeout box appears (30-60 seconds) before the turn off action is performed.

According to my knowledge a timeout box appears (30-60 seconds) before the turn off action is performed.

You're right it does! I've never seen it!
It seems the timeout dialog only appears if the SmartFTP window is visible.

I always minimise SmartFTP whilst uploading. When minimised the timeout is not displayed.
It doesn't do anything to grab attention (i.e. the taskbar entry doesn't flash or anything).
I think it should still display the timeout even though its minimised.

When visible, the timeout works but it is only 10 seconds long and the dialog is not very attention grabbing.
I would like to see that improved somewhat if possible - 30 seconds and the timeout window title flashing or something!

Also the shutdown it executes is forced and final - I would prefer it to be less forceful.
For example, when shutting down normally, if I have a modified document open the app prompts me to save. Normally if I choose to cancel the save then the shutdown is aborted. But when smartftp does the shutdown it continues regardless of the responses of other apps. Is there not a softer shutdown option which only continues if all apps are happy to close?

In the next build of SmartFTP the message window is now set to the foreground.

In the next build of SmartFTP the message window is now set to the foreground.

Wow, thanks for the quick fix!