Download from HTTP - An Extension to 'Clipboard Monitoring'

SmartFTP does not seem to be able to download from the HTTP protocol. I know the program is called smart*FTP*, but the usefulness for minimal HTTP support would be immense. I give my case as argument:

I would like to use SmartFTP as my download manager. SmartFTP has a REALLY nice feature that monitors the clipboard for links to files. Whenever I want to download a file from IE, all I would have to do would be to copy the link (hence putting the link in the clipboard and SmartFTP would then proceed to download it). The problem with this is that this only works with FTP hosted files - it cannot download files over HTTP.

I would not think that this would not be very hard to implement, and it would add an entirely new dimension to SmartFTP - it could replace an entire line of products!!!

It would then be very easy (for those who would need this) to add a context-menu option to IE to use SmartFTP to download files(since all that would need to be done is copy the link), and/or perhaps make SmartFTP the default downloader somehow. However, this is only minor and getting support for HTTP would make this part come on it's own from users.

I'm new the forums and have seem some posts about HTTP, but aren't sure what exactly they were about. If this IS possible now, please do tell me how!!!

its a ftp client. not another download manager

darix

As I said, I know what it *is*, I think it could be a lot more without any bloating.