Use Login/Browse Thread in Global Queue

Much like this old thread: HERE (which never got any replies concerning the issue, but apparently alot of users backing this request) i am on alot of very busy servers that only except 1 connection per ip, this presents a problem as i add things to the queue, then close out of the window and have to wait for hours (sometimes days) to get back into the server because ive lost my place just to add files to the queue.

Everyone says: "Why not use Session Queue?"

In my opinion the session queue is useless, it doesnt give any detail like the global queue does, doesnt go into folders and display all the files that are being queued like the global does. There is the common no rusume/auto connect/etc. features that the global does have.

Can this be a feature in the near future? I see there is alot of users backing this, and i think it would be a great feature addon to SmartFTP!

Other than this one flaw, i find smartftp to be a perfect ftp client!

-N30

I have been asking for similar functionality in the session queue that is in the global for quite a while now, but the developers have don't seem to like the idea....

The session queue will be dropped in v2.0 and replaced by a advanced global queue (multiple queues).

-Mat

mb wrote:The session queue will be dropped in v2.0 and replaced by a advanced global queue (multiple queues).

-Mat
will it be able to use the login thread when the window is closed? like have a test when you close window/close connection and if any files are queued on that server, continue to use that session for the global queue files.

This would make ftping much easier!

thanks,
-N30

neocryptek wrote:
mb wrote:The session queue will be dropped in v2.0 and replaced by a advanced global queue (multiple queues).

-Mat
will it be able to use the login thread when the window is closed? like have a test when you close window/close connection and if any files are queued on that server, continue to use that session for the global queue files.

This would make ftping much easier!

thanks,
-N30
I would be very curious to see how this will be handled. What if you start the queue but you still want to continue to browse the FTP site, it would have to create a new connection, so it might be tricky for this to be defined...

mb: Can't wait for the new version. Any ideas when a developer build might be available?