public terminal usage (profile reset)...

Hi,

I would like to see a checkbox somewhere that sets SmartFTP to public terminal usage.

In other words, it would be good to know if SmartFTP is used from a internet cafe or whatever, user/server login details will not be stored for other users.

Alternatively, a specific PT version of SmartFTP would be useful to download and be fail safe.

R

tools -> settings -> history

darix

Another thing that would be useful (esp. for Internet Cafe operators, or visitors to an open-access internet link) would be a bandwidth limiter; to avoid interrupting others' online time (esp. games).

I think microsoft should have already done this, but I'm not aware of anything (maybe a job for Personal Firewalls?).

R

apologies... I just found the bandwidth limiter..

but, for the bandwidth limiter, would it be possible to analyse the modem usage in some way, and limit the program's bandwidth to...

total bandwidth available
/---------------------------
number of application using bandwidth

.. or, just a percentage of the available bandwidth.

Also, for a Public Terminal version; would it be possible to store profile(s) on an website somewhere, to access from anywhere (in other words, they are never stored locally). If the profiles could be stored under some kind of shared password server (like MS .NET), it may make people's life easier too.

R