Remember inner window settings and position

Firstly, congrats on a well written program... I gratuated to smartFTP about 2-3 years ago from cute and the aggravating ws ftp (losers) and after trying all the other micky mouse crap out there, what a huge difference and in my opinion "Da Best".

Win98SE.
Heres something that I find very annoying though, Its not a show stopper but could use some improvement.

I have smartFTP squeezed in to half my desktop width and everytime I connect to a new site the inner window that opens will always be about 66% of the available space, high and wide.

I now need to maximize that inner window and reset the columns to see properly, then I may close SmartFTP, when I open and connect again, the inner window pops up and goes back to 66%.

No probelms with the outer window though, that always goes back to where it was before closing.

Once maximized, any other connections I make will be maximized, but as soon as smartFTP is closed the setting reverts to 66%. What could be the problem?

Theres more, but lets get past this one first.

thnx.

i agree with the previous post, i find it slightly annoying to ahve to maximize my child window everytime. can ther emaybe be a preference that, if turned on, maximizes the first child window automatically? thanks

i love smartftp!

Just wanted to show my interest in this as well - the only problem I have with SmartFTP is that I have to maximise the child windows every time I launch a site.

Reading that it does seem so petty considering the amount of time and effort that the programmers have put into this amazing application!

Ok ill shut my mouth - it seems the latest build already supports this (just upgraded). This now means that SmartFTP is the only program I have on my computer that I haven

Are you talking about the new release build 979 or the latest dev build?

I don't want to take a chance on any instability by installing a dev build.

I think it must be 979 because I don't download dev builds - prefer to be patient and download "end releases"

frustrating
is the apportunity for it to remember my tile preferences (local on left, remote on right... just like LeechFTP !) fixed in the dev build (don't like them) ... and when's it due for real ?
Returning to SFTP to re-evaluate after looking at it a long time ago... seems to have had quite a lot of improvements (FTP for the 21st Century !) but the local/remote handling isn't still 100%

dev build's are provided so that you can test any feature requests and sort out any bugs. Give it time and when the programmers are happy it will be released.