SmartFTP For Apple computers (Mac OS X)

i use both pc and mac, and i'm at a loss when i'm on my mac and need to FTP something....

all i want is a mac version, or even a *nix version... please o please... there are NO decent FTP clients for osx... please.. :cry:

mitch
boards@xodys.com

try lftp from fink. its really a decent cli client for unix.

darix

I think you guys should add compatability with the mac, there are very few ftp managers for the mac so it will surely get used by those of use who need a good ftp manager and use mac.

There are no plans for a Mac version of SmartFTP.

got anything for macs?

Do You plan to translate SmartFTP for Mac-Intel platform?

Best regards,
Jotka

Hello.

No. We have insufficient resources.

Regards,
SmartFTP

Hello.

No. We have insufficient resources.

hi,
thanks for Your answer and... ohhh, I'm disappointed. I was plan to buy 15 licences for my graphics studio this amazing ftp client.
So, i'm using mac based ftp client (ex. CaptainFTP) but these are for fools.
I'll be in touch. :-)

best regards,
Jotka

Hello,

I visited my friend's house once and he used it. When I saw what it did, it was really cool and wanted to use it for my computer. The problem is I have a mac, so it won't work.

For users who use Mac (and linux too), are you able to make one for those other opperating systems other than Windows?

I would really appreciate it.

Have you tried to run it under Wine?

What's Wine?

Have you tried to run it under Wine?

SmartFTP don't runs under wine

Ok. In that case, are you guys ab to make a mac verion of it? I know there are a lot of mac users who want to use smart ftp just as much as the windows users who are using them now.

In oen of them, an admin said we don't have enough resources. Do you mean like being able to make a mac version?

In the first place, he meant "not enough man-power" to go after feature requests with such a low priority.

basically like such a low request to do such a thing?

Well honestly, you should consider my request a request of a thousand. Many people that I know and don't know were saying that a lot of ftp programs for free for mac is bland and having smartftp could be very helpful. Many do not request because they just see it and leave, only a few, such as myself, or those other 2 dudes wanted to join this site to make the topic.

Look I know you guys are not doing it because there isn't enough requests.

Many developers have more popular products for those that have a mac and linux version. Mozilla for example had a Mac version of Firefox and they had Macintosh, Windows, and LInux versions from the start, which is partly why they were so popular.

Products like smartftp and winamp do not appear as popular becuase they are only for windows, so they don't get enough attention, even if they are popular for Windows.

Same here. I use Fetch for Mac. I like Fetch, but it doesn't have enough. I have a site which has a database of music and videos and I need a good ftp program.

Nope they do not.

If you have an Intel Mac, I recommend just installing Windows and then you can view it that way.

He is talking about a Mac, not a Linux.

When are you planning to do Mac OSX/Intel edition this amazing ftp client?
We are still waiting for it!

best regards,
tracert

Hi,
is anybody there?
Gays, if you are interesting in mac edition (universal binary), write below your vote, please!

Me, my company (5 employees), my 2 friends.
Next one, please...

Hello!
Ok I have been using smarftp to transfer my documents and upload my pages since I began to work as a web designer.
The problem is now I have a mac and I cannot use it!!!!!

Every time someone asks me for a software to transfer info using ftp I show them the smartftp.

So I have shown this to a lot a people, and belive me there is a lot of people complaining it does not work for machintosh.

So here is my vote, hoping it can count for many, as so many web designers colleagues use macs instead of pc.

You should really consider this situation!

Thank you
Susana Costa