Edit in place

SmartFTP is a fabulous product all around, and I like it better than CuteFTP. But CuteFTP has an incredibly useful feature that I find sorely missing in SmartFTP -- Edit in place.

I want the ability to right-click on a remote file, and have an editor option where SmartFTP does the background grunt work of creating a temp file, firing up the editor, then prompting me whether to save the file to the FTP site when I save it in the editor. (And, in preferences I want to be able to specify my editor of choice, naturally.)

Seems like SmartFTP is already doing some of the work now, with the View option.

Thank you.
--David

I'm not sure I take your point. I do search forums before posting, and a search on edit shows at least one other request for an edit type capability.

But it seems that for enhancement requests it should be useful to know how many people want a particular feature.

Or maybe you meant for me to find one of the explanations for editing. Clearly I already know how to do that. I can even FTP the file back using my favorite editor, EditPlus. But that rather misses my point.
--David