Remembering settings?

I realize this is small, but it would be so nice if the window positions were remembered. Having to resize and fit things into the windows is tedious. I prefer them side by side and would like that option to be remembered at start-up.

I'd also love to have it remember the last connection and have it be a choice to perhaps "always restore last connection," too.

Thanks for listening!

Yes! I agree!....and having it remember the various settings for each connection would also be nice.

Yeah, you really, really, really need to have a feature that keeps the frames within the windows the same size! Or at least please make the divider larger and easier to grab. Sometimes the cursor doesn't even change to a double arrow when I mouse over the divider.

Thanks,
zylstra

I cannot agree more with you.

It seems so obvious : remember the windows positions AND sizes for the next time you open the software ! That includes, of course, the FTP window once you've connected to the server and the size and position of each frame inside each window.

Also the software has an irritating tendency to put the local browser by default on the right when you choose to tile vertically and one has to struggle in order to trick SmartFTP into placing it on the left. C'mon I want my local browser on the left by default when both windows are open !

Actually I want my windows/frames positions and sizes to be remembered. That's all.

May seem a detail for some but at least not for the users on this thread.

Considering one of the biggest interest in this software is its original multiple windows interface I don't understand why this feature hasn't been implemented yet.

The smartftp program is great but I find this problem to be the most irritating. It was brought up before the last update but has not been resolved.

It doesn't seem like a major problem to fix!?

I just want to open the program and as said above have it " remember the windows positions AND sizes" from the previous session.

It really sucks when you just want to quickly upload some files but first have to resize and position the windows!

I agree. The program is such a great one that the lack of persistence in column-sizing is a real shame. How often d'you suppose Ol' Greybeard reads the forums?!

I could add that it would be nice to be able to position the columns to one's own wish.
Generally, I am more interested in the date of a file than which type it is, and in the local browser this information is off-screen.
Being able to re-order/re-position columns would also make it easier to sort by date.

couldn't agree more...this program is awesome that feature would be great.

if you think about it, almost all the ftp program i've previously used have always had the local browser on the left and the remote server on the right. i think that should be the default in here too.

if not the default at least give the option of remembering where the window was last time, and the setting for inside the window, like size of the internal frames and what not. its just a little customization tweak that makes the program that much better for the user.

other than that i'd have to say one of the best ftp clients i've ever used. nice slick interface. keep up the great work!

id love to see this in the next version

thanks for the great work guys!

I have to admit this would be a great feature. Why don't we all commit to purchasing the next release if this feature is included? :wink:

I for one will.

P.S. I do only use SmartFTP for personal use at home.

Does anyone know of a ftp client that does do what smart ftp does and will rember the settings ?

My 2-3 cents worth ...

https://www.smartftp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6069

I purposely began a new thread on this subject so it would be like "oh no, not another one, maybe we should look at this" because from what I am reading it seems like it was here a while... maybe not enough "corporate client" input for this improvement to considered. uh?

When connecting over a favorite item, the windows position and the column header settings are now saved and restored the next time.