IPv6 Compliant

Hi,

I use IPv6 Connections and i'd like to know if you could make Smart FTP, the first IPv6 Graphical FTP Client under windows.
More and More people use IPv6 protocol and all along the days, newbies ask me how they can download from IPv6 FTP servers.

There is the ftp.exe client from MS wich can connect to them, but in line command only.

If you need IPv6 connectivity, you can contact me

(I've posted a long time ago about IPv6 here)

What FTP servers beside MS FTP Server do support IPv6?

And are they tested as well?

-Mat

The most Linux and *BSD FTP servers are IPv6 ready : proftpd, pureftpd for example.

They work very much and are use in production.

I tried to use a bouncer to etablish a link between IPv6 server and Smart FTP but PORT and PASV aren't recognise in IPv6.

Smart FTP   ---------  bouncer --------- FTP

IPv4                IPv6

"500 PORT command not allowed for IPv6 sessions, use EPRT instead."

If you need aswers i'm here.

PS : escuse my english, i'm french

I didn't wanted to say it was down, i wanted to say that the mainteners was down. It didn't have been updated since October.

If not, my ISP provide me a IPv6 tunnel and I've got 2 backup tunnels

i have one stable working one. this is enough ;)

darix

What develeppers think about this feature ?

PS : I've discovered a IPv6 graphical FTP browser : IE but ...

yes this looks interesting....

Mat did you try to use that MS proggie that "converts" ur app to IPv6 compliant?

P.S. if introducing IPv6 compliance will break stuff on win9x then it's not worth it.

The MS proggie advertises us of some problems but don't don't correct all incomptatibilities.

But, there is a developper of MS on microsoft.public.platformsdk.networking.ipv6 who can help you

yes this looks interesting....
P.S. if introducing IPv6 compliance will break stuff on win9x then it's not worth it.

i think it is ;)
win9x should be burned out ;)
i personally dont use win9x since 1996
even MS is pushing IPv6 introduction. its newest peer2peer solution is based on IPv6 too.

just my PI cents :)
darix

Count my vote for IPv6 compliance in.

Requirements for ipv6 enabled functions (getaddrinfo) and structs (SOCKADDR_STORAGE ) are as following:

Client: Included in Windows XP.
Server: Included in Windows Server 2003.

That should explain pretty much everything.

-Mat

I probably did my first ipv6 connection under win2k at the time you were playing space invaders :-)

According to this page:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... port_2.asp

"name resolution and address conversion for IPv6 addresses must use Windows Sockets 2-specific functions. Many new functions have been introduced to enable Windows Sockets 2 applications to take advantage of IPv6, including the getaddrinfo and getnameinfo functions"

Thus name resolution is probably only possible with WinXP / Win 2003.

If the demand for IPv6 support increases we'll consider implementing it.

-Mat

damn i dont remind when i got my first tunnel. too much time passed. :)
so lets stop this :)

mat am i wrong or wasnt there a winsock2 update for win9x too? so the ipv6 compliant applications should at least work fine with ipv4 on win9x too?

darix

Just to say that i would be happy to see this feature in Smart Ftp .

Thanks a lot for this build.
You can't imagine how it will be easieler for me.