Auto display source and destination folders

When I go to a remote site, it would be good if it automatically displayed the Default directory in the Local Browser so I can compare contents. CuteFTP does this. SmartFTP seems to require one to navigate there manually.

The folder that would be of use is the one that has been specified in the Advanced options (Init / LocalPath) of the Favourites settings for that FTP site.

Thanks.

Use Ctrl+G after you're connected to the remote site.

CuteFTP does only have 1 window with 2 panes. SmartFTP is based on MDI.

-Mat

I use CuteFTP and Leech (the latter most often) because it allows me to define a site as a local and remote pair, and displays the two side by side (without the 'overhead' of the tree view) and makes for copying from one to the other real easy
The MDI vs SDI argument is kinda moot as MDI can pretent to be SDI... and it's probably even easier to do real neat things like keeping position in directory structure synchronised on local and remote....

I would also like vote for smartftp being able to optionally define an associated local directory.

Cuteftp has this feature.

You can have in preferences whether smartftp should create a new local window and navigate to the right directory or use and existing local window or do nothing at all, like at present.

thanks.

its already possible. as mb said.
see the local directory settings for a favorite.
after connect press ctrl+g.

darix

Thanks for replying.

I think I have now found it. This is what I have done.

Tools/Settings/General/Quick Folders
Right click Quick Folders to add your own folder.
Then on the menu bar, the folder button now contains the added folder.

After connecting ctrl-G gets me a new local browser. I click the added folder on the menu bar and it takes the local browser to the right directory.

Is that what you meant or is there even a better way to do this?

Thanks.

favorites -> edit favorites -> select favorite -> properties -> advanced tab -> localpath

this setting will be opened if you load this favorite.
if you press ctrl+g you will go there ;)

darix

Yay .... it works

Needed a restart of the program but it does work

Thanks

I am sorry this isnt helpful at all, but..

IMO, cuteftp is the worst piece of crap that has ever blighted ftp clients everywhere..

Ive never met anyone im real life that actually think differently. Anyone who has been ftping for a long time generally seems to use BPFTP.

Now i see smartftp, which has wayy more features, kicks BPFTP's ass in every area except powerful queuing. (in comparison of course)